This DIY “Happy Pumpkin Spice Season” fall decoration is super cute, and you can make one yourself in less than 30 minutes (not including drying time)!
I’m super excited to be teaming up today with a bunch of creative bloggers for the 2015 Pumpkin Smash! Each of the bloggers purchased a large unfinished wood pumpkin decoration from Hobby Lobby, and we each decorated the pumpkin in our own style to match our fall decor.
From this…to this!
I have to admit that because I was working on this project in the middle of the night, I didn’t remember to take a single in-progress photo to share. Sorry! I promise it’s super simple to recreate though if you follow these steps:
- Lightly sand the pumpkin to remove any rough spots.
- Spray paint the pumpkin orange, and allow to dry.
- Leaving approximately a 1.5″ border, use chalkboard paint to paint the center portion of the pumpkin black.
- Cut the words “Happy Pumpkin Spice Season” from white vinyl. The fonts used here are Ink Blossoms and Tomahawk.
- Use this tutorial from Girl Gone Mom to create the burlap bow.
- Use chalk to add any additional swirls and embellishments to the chalkboard, if desired.
For more great pumpkin inspiration, be sure to check out these tutorials from my fellow Pumpkin Smashers: