Here at Happiness is Homemade headquarters we are all about quick and easy holiday baking, and we’re especially fond of recipes that involve M&M’s. This year we made two special recipes for our holiday gift giving – White Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Brownie Bars (whew, that’s a mouthful, but they’re packed with all of those flavors!) and 5-minute M&M’s Fudge.
We bought our M&M’s Mini Baking Bits, White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’s and these cute holiday Glad storage containers (perfect for gift giving!) at Target along with the rest of our baking supplies. The White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’s and Glad holiday containers are only available at Target, so be sure to head over there if you want to pick these up!
The name 5-minute fudge is sort of deceptive since it actually takes less than 5 minutes to assemble the fudge, but it also takes an hour for it to set up before you can slice and serve it. Somehow 3-Minute (+ an Hour of Chilling Time) M&M’s Fudge didn’t sound quite as enticing though!
This fudge is so simple that it doesn’t even warrant a full recipe post of it’s own – just combine 3 cups of chocolate chips, 14 oz. of sweetened condensed milk and 1 tbsp of vanilla in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until the chocolate has fully melted. Pour fudge mixture into a parchment lined 8×8 pan, top with lots of M&M’s Baking Minis, and chill until firm enough to slice. You can pop it in the fridge for about an hour or leave it out at room temperature for about 2 hours to set up. Beyond easy peasy!
My White Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Brownie Bar recipe is adapted from the Black & White Peppermint Brownie recipe that was printed on the back of the holiday Glad storage container packaging. It originally called for using sugar cookie dough as the base of the bars, but I’m a sucker for the combination of chocolate chip cookies and brownies instead.
What You'll Need:
- 1 Brownie Mix, boxed or using your favorite recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon Mint Extract
- 1 batch Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, store bought or homemade
- 1 package M&M's White Chocolate Peppermint Candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make brownie mix as directed on the box or using your favorite recipe. Add 1/4 tsp. of mint extract. Spoon into the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Make chocolate chip cookie dough (HERE is my favorite recipe) and drop by spoonfuls on top of the brownie batter.
- Top with M&M's White Chocolate Peppermint Candies.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the tops of the cookies are golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.