This Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread is perfect for Christmas morning, Sunday brunch, breakfast in bed, or just about ANY occasion, really! Individual sized portions of warm gooey apples surrounded by flaky cinnamon roll bites, and topped with a drizzle of icing and rich brown sugar and cinnamon sauce – YUM!
Christmas morning is a very special occasion, and I always try to make the day as magical and memorable for my family as I can…but, I also don’t want to waste all of that time in the kitchen. I’d rather spend that time making memories with everyone else! This Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread recipe is my favorite for Christmas morning because it’s quick, easy, and incredibly delicious!
All it takes to make this heavenly monkey bread is Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls, a large apple, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
Pop open a can of Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls and cut each cinnamon roll into small pieces. Fill each well of a greased mini bundt pan with a layer of cinnamon roll pieces, top with a generous spoonful of apple bits, and finish with another layer of cinnamon roll pieces and a drizzle of the apple-cinnamon sugar liquid. Bake for 16-20 minutes until the top of the monkey bread is a golden brown.
Allow the monkey bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then run a knife around the edges to loosen them from the pan. Carefully remove the monkey bread from the pan and place them on a serving platter or individual plates.
The mini bundt pan makes six large servings of monkey bread, which will feed around 6-8 people. Children and people with smaller appetites can easily share one serving, but trust me, once you take a bite of this, you’ll want to keep it all for yourself!
Drizzle the warm monkey bread with the Pillsbury Grands icing and dive in! You won’t be able to resist the flaky ooey gooey apple cinnamon deliciousness! Apple cinnamon monkey bread is the perfect way to make Christmas morning special (in a quick and easy way!) and is sure to become your newest holiday tradition!
Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 Large Apple peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Simmer apples, butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla on the stovetop over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until the apples are soft and the sauce has thickened.
- Open the can of cinnamon rolls and set aside the icing for later. Cut each cinnamon roll into small pieces.
- In a mini bundt pan, divide half of the cinnamon roll dough between the six wells, and top with a generous spoonful of apples and brown sugar sauce.
- Place the remaining half of the cinnamon roll dough pieces on top of the apples and top with another spoonful of brown sugar sauce.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Allow the monkey bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then run a knife around the edges to loosen them from the pan. Carefully remove the monkey bread from the pan and place them on a serving platter or individual plates.
- Drizzle the icing over each of the monkey breads and serve warm.
Click here for more holiday baking recipes and party food inspiration from Pillsbury and Walmart!
If you like this idea, don’t forget to pin it!