I finished up Simon’s soft blocks earlier this week, and I ended up stuffing them with pieces of 2″ thick foam. These blocks measure a whopping 6″ square, so the foam gave them a ton of extra stability vs. the lumpy mess they were becoming when I tried to stuff them with fiberfill. I’m really pleased with how they came out, and they were fast and easy to put together. I think I spent the most time just choosing which fabrics to use and piece together! I love that this project repurposes some of our older things – the car and surfboard panel is from one of Sawyer’s baby onesies, and the fuzzy terrycloth panels are made out of old baby towels.
We’re busy decking the halls today, so look for a couple of new ideas and tutorials from me in the next few days!