I attempted to make quinoa for years, but I never thought that it tasted very good. Until now! My mother-in-law recently shared her secrets for making quinoa fluffy and delicious, and she made this incredible quinoa tabbouleh salad. I seriously can’t get enough of this stuff! It’s super healthy and filling, but it’s really light and fresh due to all those straight-from-the-garden veggies.
Garden Fresh Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
- 2 cups Cooked Quinoa
- 1 Large Cucumber, quartered and chopped
- 3/4 cup Cherry or Pear Tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 4 tablespoons Chives or Green Onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl. May be served immediately, but flavors will mingle and intensify after chilling for a few hours in the refrigerator.
If you’re still looking for ways to use up even more of your garden veggies, check out my recipe for Rosemary Chicken with Vegetables, and while you’re at it, you don’t want to miss The Best Turkey Burger EVER!