My mom gave me a mixed bag of mint and dark chocolate chips the other day, so the boys and I took our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, tweaked it to be a lot more chocolatey, and added the bag of mint chips to it. The results were pretty darn incredible, if I do say so myself. They have just the right touch of mint without being overpowering, and even my six-year-old who isn’t generally a fan of mint ate three of them straight out of the oven!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 (3.9 oz) package of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of Nestle Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels (I bet Ande’s baking chips would be awesome too!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, pudding mix, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate and mint chips.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for five minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
These look so delish, I love mint!