Younger children will need assistance from an adult to make this project; older children should be able to create this craft with minimal assistance.
- (24) 1 ½ “ round wood disks
- 1 ½ “ circle punch
- Mod Podge
- Paint and/or Scrapbook Paper
- (12) of your favorite photos (2 copies of each)
Note: Digital photo software allows you to easily create a single page composite sheet of all your photo circles along with the ability to add text (such as names) to your photos.
- Paint the edges of your wood disks to give them a fun and vibrant pop of color. Set them aside to dry. Don’t worry if the edges look messy – you’ll be covering up both sides of the disk with your photos and scrapbook paper!
- Choose 12 of your favorite photos – family and pet portraits, vacation photos, and pictures of favorite things. Using the circle punch as a guide, select a 1 ½” area of the photo for your game piece and cut it out. You will need two copies of each photo in order to form matching pairs. To make the game more challenging for older children, select two different photos of the same subject instead of using two identical photos.
- Use the circle punch to cut 24 circles of scrapbook paper for the back side of the disks.
- With your paintbrush, spread a thin layer of Mod Podge on to one side of the disk and apply your circular photo to the wood disk. Use gentle pressure and a smoothing motion to remove any air bubbles and to ensure a good seal around the edges. Set aside to dry completely (at least 30-45 minutes).
- When the photo side of the disks are dry, flip them over and repeat the Mod Podge application with your circles of scrapbook paper. Set aside to dry completely.
- Apply a top coat of Mod Podge to seal the game pieces and ensure durability. Allow to dry completely before sealing the other side.
Game Time! Lay out all 24 game pieces in 4 rows, face down. The first player takes a turn flipping over two games pieces. If the pieces match, the player removes them and takes another turn. If the pieces do not match, they are turned back over and play is passed to the next player. Continue to play until all matches have been found. The player with the most matches wins!