These spicy zucchini curly fries and chips are the perfect fresh-from-the-garden snack, especially with a side of Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Dips Ranch Mix!
I love the flavor of fried zucchini, but I just can’t justify all of those unnecessary extra calories when it’s possible to make a baked version of “fried” zucchini that tastes just as good (and is way healthier!).
My two favorite ways to prepare zucchini for baking are to slice it into thin “zucchini chips” and to create curly zucchini fries with my spiral vegetable slicer. After cutting up the zucchini, place it into a colander, sprinkle it with salt, and set it aside for about 10 minutes to drain. This will allow the salt to pull the excess water out of the zucchini so that the fries and chips end up crispy and not soggy.
While the zucchini is draining, it’s the perfect time to whip up the ranch dip. My family loves the new Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Dips Ranch Mix – just mix the packet with 12 oz. of Greek yogurt for a smooth and creamy ranch dip (without the high fat and calories!). Easy peasy!
Fill a plastic bag with cornstarch, Italian breadcrumbs, pepper, garlic, onion powder and chili powder. Dab the zucchini with a paper towel to absorb the excess moisture, and then toss into the plastic bag to coat with the dry mixture. Place the zucchini on to a greased baking sheet in an even layer, and bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes until the zucchini is golden and crisp.
Spicy Curly Zucchini Fries & Chips
- 3 Zucchinis sliced into "chips" or curly "fries"
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Italian-Style Bread Crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice or spiralize the zucchini, place into a colander and sprinkle with salt. Allow to sit and drain for 10-15 minutes.
- In a gallon sized plastic bag, combine the cornstarch, bread crumbs, chili powder, garlic, onion powder and black pepper.
- Dry the zucchini on paper towels to absorb the excess moisture, and then toss into the plastic bag of dry seasoning to coat.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet for 15-20 minutes until the zucchini is golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with a side of Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Dips Ranch Mix for dipping!
Of course, my kiddos always want carrots with their Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip, too! They just kind of go hand-in-hand, right? I’m happy that they’re reaching for vegetables at snack time, and they don’t even realize that they’re also getting a great dose of protein and calcium from that Greek yogurt dip!