Delicious chicken sausage cacciatore and penne pasta dinner – ready in just minutes and uses only ONE pot or pan for easy clean up!
Weeknight are usually a madhouse around here. On a typical weeknight, one kid needs to head off to sports practice, someone else needs to be picked up, the little one can’t find his shoes, and I’m scrambling around trying to figure out what to make for dinner because everyone is suddenly starving. Can anyone else relate?
If you’re in the same boat, let me introduce you to my new favorite meal – One-Pot Chicken Sausage Cacciatore Pasta. Yep, that’s right…ONE pot. Everything including the pasta cooks in one single pan, so there’s no time wasted on boiling water, draining pasta or washing extra dishes (yay!). I can have this meal on the table in just a few minutes, and that’s with all of the other household distractions going on around me!
What You’ll Need: Chicken broth, canned tomatoes, smoked andouille chicken sausage, a yellow onion, bell peppers and garlic. The key ingredient to this dish’s success is Barilla® Pronto™ Penne pasta. This awesome new pasta requires no boiling and no draining, so you can cook everything in a single pot! It’s a HUGE timesaver for busy moms!
Seriously, just toss EVERYTHING into one pan (and I promise that your finished dish will be amazing!)!
Stir frequently as you heat all of the cacciatore pasta ingredients. It will take about ten minutes for the pasta to absorb almost all of the liquid and reach the perfect al dente consistency.
Personally, I think this is pasta perfection right here! The chicken broth lends a rich flavor to the Barilla® Pronto™ penne, and I don’t actually think that this dish needs any additional marinara sauce…
…my family, however, prefers their pasta extra saucy, so they persuaded me to stir in a jar of their favorite marinara sauce. Serve with a side of crusty french bread (perfect for soaking up that extra marinara sauce – yum!).
One-Pot Chicken Sausage Cacciatore Pasta
- 1 Box Penne Pasta
- 3 cups Organic Chicken Broth
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- Smoked Andouille Chicken Sausage (I usually use 2 per pot, but you can use more or less!)
- 1 Small Yellow Onion chopped
- 1 cup Chopped Bell Peppers any color
- 1 14-oz can Diced Tomatoes with Italian Seasonings drained
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- Marinara Sauce optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add andouille chicken sausage and yellow onion and cook for around 5 minutes or until onions have softened and become translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, Pronto™ pasta, bell peppers, garlic and diced tomatoes to the pan. Stir well.
- Continue to cook over medium high heat for 10 minutes or until the pasta has absorbed almost all of the liquid.
- Stir in marinara sauce if desired.
With this quick and easy recipe, you can have dinner on the table in minutes (and with only ONE pan to clean up!)! If bell peppers aren’t your favorite, get inspired and experiment with other flavors. With the new Barilla® Pronto™ pasta, there are now TONS of great options for easy one-pan meals!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla® . The opinions and text are all mine.