These quick & easy veggie patty sliders are packed with delicious ingredients!
It’s time for another round of the Chopped at Home Challenge! Based upon the popular Food Network series Chopped, the Chopped at Home Challenge is an at-home competition in which fans are asked to create a dish from their “mystery basket of ingredients.” Participants enter their recipe on the Chopped at Home Challenge website for their chance to win $5,000 + a trip to New York City to compete in a televised Chopped cooking challenge for a $10,000 grand prize! Round One is all about comfort foods, and I couldn’t wait to get started!
My Mystery Basket of Ingredients Contained:
- Sargento® Sharp Cheddar, Fine Cut
- Crimini Mushrooms
I decided to make a veggie patty slider to highlight the flavors of the mystery basket ingredients, so I tossed the cauliflower, mushrooms, and a leek into my food processor. I added garlic, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and an egg to bind together the veggie patty mixture.
I grilled the patties on medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, and then topped them with a generous sprinkling of Sargento sharp cheddar shredded cheese. Sargento is my favorite brand of cheese because their 30 versatile varieties are always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese (yay!). Keep the patty on the grill for another minute until the cheese melts completely – YUM!
These veggie patties have a softer texture than a traditional burger patty, but they will firm up a bit if you allow them to slightly cool on a wire rack for a minute or two before serving.
I served the veggie patties on toasted slider buns topped with red lettuce and red onion. The combination of flavors is incredible!
Veggie Patty Melt Sliders
- 1 Small Head of Cauliflower
- 1 lb. of Crimini Mushrooms
- 1 Leek, the white part and about 2" of the section where white-meets-green
- 2 tbsp. Garlic minced
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2/3 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 eggs
- 2 cups of Sargento Shredded Sharp Cheddar, fine cut
- Slider buns and toppings as desired
- Process the cauliflower, leeks, and mushrooms in a food processor until it is a mixture of fine pieces.
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and mix well.
- Beat an egg in a small dish, and add to the veggie mixture along with the bread crumbs. Thoroughly mix to combine everything.
- Preheat a lightly greased/oiled grill on medium heat.
- Form patties with the veggie mixture, and grill for 4-5 minutes per side. Top with a generous amount of shredded cheddar and allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve on toasted slider buns and top as desired (we used red lettuce and red onion).
These veggie patty melt sliders were perfect with a side of sweet potato fries! Enter your own recipe on the Chopped at Home Challenge website for your chance to win! For more ideas and inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page or visit www.sargento.com/Shredded for more information.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.