I originally posted this easy zucchini bites appetizer on Eat Drink Eat a couple of years ago, and as I was preparing a batch the other day, I realized that I hadn’t ever shared the recipe here. These zucchini bites are one of my favorite appetizers, but they’re also one of my favorite lunches (and side dishes!) since they’re so quick and simple to make. They also make an excellent snack for picky kids who will happily munch on “zucchini tots” with a side of marinara sauce for dipping. You really can’t go wrong whenever you serve these!
Quick & Easy Zucchini Bites Appetizer
- 2 cups Zucchini, shredded; squeeze out any excess moisture with a paper towel
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, shredded (I have also used green onions and leeks when I didn't have yellow onion on hand, and they both work great as well)
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs and then add the zucchini, onion, cheeses, bread crumbs and seasonings.
- Fill muffin pan and bake for 15-17 minutes until the tops are a deep golden brown.
- Serve with marinara sauce or ranch dressing for dipping if desired.
These zucchini bites are a great appetizer for holiday parties, and they reheat well, so you can make them ahead of time. Just pop ’em back in the oven at 350 degrees for 4-5 minutes to reheat and re-crisp the edges.