This quick and easy crescent roll dinner ring is stuffed full of cheesy chicken & broccoli, but it also tastes incredible filled with all of your Thanksgiving leftovers!
When my husband and I first started dating, his Mom taught me how to make his favorite dinner – “chicken in a biscuit,” which consisted mainly of chicken breast chunks wrapped in a flaky Pillsbury crescent roll crust. Over the years we’ve tweaked his Mom’s recipe a bit to suit our tastes, and it’s still one of my boys’ most requested family favorites.
I was shopping at Walmart the other day, and as soon as I walked by the refrigerated Pillsbury case, I started daydreaming about a buttery crescent roll ring stuffed with Thanksgiving leftovers – turkey, stuffing, and green beans, oh my! With a little bit of cranberry sauce on the side for dipping – yum! Seriously. Can’t. Wait.
In the meantime, until I have Thanksgiving leftovers in my hands, I decided to make a crescent roll ring stuffed with chicken breast and fresh broccoli.
Chicken & Broccoli Crescent Roll Ring
- 3 cups Pre-Cooked Chicken Breast, cubed and seasoned with salt & pepper
- 2- Pack or 2 Single Cans of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 6 oz. Chive & Onion Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the cubed chicken breast, cream cheese and butter. Microwave in 20 second increments until the cream cheese and butter soften, and you are able to stir the mixture together to form a creamy sauce.
- Unroll both cans of crescent roll dough, and separate into 8 rectangles (4 per can).
- On an ungreased baking sheet or pizza stone, arrange the rectangles in a ring so that they form a 4-inch circle in center (dough will overlap).
- Spoon the chicken and cream cheese mixture around the center of the dough ring. Top with broccoli florets.
- Fold the end of each rectangle up and over the filling, tucking the top dough under the bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around ring until entire filling is enclosed.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Unroll both cans of Pillsbury crescent roll dough, and separate into 8 rectangles (4 per can). On an ungreased baking sheet or pizza stone, arrange the rectangles in a ring so that they form a 4-inch circle in center (dough will overlap).
Spoon the chicken and cream cheese mixture around the center of the dough ring, and top with broccoli florets. I always use small bite sized pieces of broccoli so that they end up with that perfect tender-crisp texture after baking.
Fold the end of each rectangle up and over the filling, tucking the top dough under the bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around ring until entire filling is enclosed. It might look a little bit messy and not-so-pretty at this stage, but I promise that it will look incredible when it’s finished baking!
(Note: I added a quick egg wash to my dough before baking, but this step is totally optional! It just gives the crescent ring a shiny finish.)
Bake for 20-30 minutes until the dough is golden brown and thoroughly cooked. YUM! My boys came home from playing with their friends right as I was pulling this out of the oven, and the oldest exclaimed, “Whoa, Mom! What are you making? It smells AMAZING in here!”
The delicious combination of chicken and broccoli along with the chive and onion flavors in the creamy cheese sauce makes this a dinner dish that my whole family LOVES! Even if they didn’t love it though, this recipe is super easy to alter and can be changed to incorporate all kinds of different flavors and ingredients (like those yummy Thanksgiving leftovers!). Thanks for being so versatile, Pillsbury!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.