Quick and easy DIY pom poms are the perfect way to cheer on your favorite sports team and show your team spirit! Great for kids and adults alike!
These DIY pom poms are super easy and inexpensive to make, and they’re perfect for cheering on your favorite team during the Super Bowl or any other “Big Game” of the year! Customize the colors to match your team, and whip up a bunch of these fun spirit pom poms for just a couple of dollars!
What You’ll Need to Make DIY Pom Poms:
- Plastic tablecloths 54″ x 108″ – one tablecloth makes about 6-8 pom poms
- Scissors or rotary cutter
- Wooden sticks (or something similar for handles)
- Clear Tape
- Unroll the length of the tablecloth, but DO NOT UNFOLD IT all the way! The tablecloth comes pre-folded, so unroll it into one long piece that is around 14″ x 108″, but keep the remaining layers folded.
- Fold the tablecloth in half by matching up the short sides, and then fold in half again. You will be left with a thick sheet of tablecloth plastic that is around 14″ x 27″. Use the scissors or rotary cutter to cut the tablecloth in half both vertically and horizontally. You will then have four stacks of plastic approx 7″ x 13″ and each stack will have approx 12 sheets of plastic in it.
- Use the scissors or rotary cutter to cut each 7″ x 13″stack into 1/2″ wide ribbons that are approximately 6″ long (leave an inch along the end uncut!).
- Layer 8-10 fringed sheets of plastic in coordinating colors and tape the wooden stick handle to the corner of the uncut portion of the plastic. Continue rolling the plastic sheets around the wooden stick, and use strong tape to secure the ends and hold everything in place.
(If my directions are clear as mud, check out this great how-to make pom poms video that I found!)
DIY pom poms are a ton of fun for kids and adults alike, and they make cute party table decorations, too!
Whip up a batch before the big game or let guests make their own at your Superbowl party – go team!