These easy peppermint brownie truffles are perfect for holiday parties and potlucks, and they make a great gift idea for friends, neighbors, teachers, and co-workers!
It’s that time of year again – time for holiday baking! This month the #CreativeFoodies and I have whipped up some delicious peppermint holiday treats for you including these yummy brownie truffles that look worthy of a fancy holiday party, but are really SUPER easy to make!
Start by making a batch of your favorite brownies (from scratch or boxed mix – either one works!), underbaked by just a few minutes. Allow the freshly baked brownies to cool for 15 minutes and then use a fork to create a large pile of brownie crumbles. If desired, add several drops of peppermint extract or peppermint essential oil to the brownie crumbs (optional).
Portion the brownie crumbs using a cookie scoop or a melon baller, and use your hands to roll the crumbs into balls. Place the balls on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and freeze for 30 minutes.
While the brownie balls are in the freezer, use a small mallet to crush a handful of peppermint candies into fine pieces.
In a small bowl, melt milk chocolate wafers in the microwave in 20-30 second bursts until the chocolate is smooth.
Dip each brownie ball in melted chocolate and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet to cool and set.
These brownie truffles are sure to be a hit at all of your holiday parties!
They also make a wonderful Christmas gift idea for friends, neighbors, teachers, co-workers, and more!
Creamy milk chocolate on the outside, luxurious rich brownie on the inside…you can’t beat that!
If you love peppermint, be sure to check out these recipes from my #CreativeFoodies friends!
- Strawberry Candy Cane Mousse from Mom Endeavors
- Homemade Peppermint Patties from Happiness is Homemade
- Peppermint Cheesecake Jars from See Vanessa Craft
- Candy Cane Almond Bark from A Night Owl Blog
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate from Spaceships & Laserbeams
- Peppermint Macarons from Ashlee Marie
- Peppermint Oreo Truffles from Two Twenty One
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Fudge from Printable Crush
- Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Sugar Cookies from The Idea Room