Make this colorful Recycled Tin Can Windsock kids craft with supplies you have at home! Quick, easy, and SUPER fun for all ages!
It’s starting to feel like spring time around here, so to welcome the warm weather, the boys made these colorful recycled can windsocks to hang up outdoors! They’re SO simple to make, and they look awesome!
How to Make Recycled Can Windsocks
- Clean Recycled Can (any size will work!)
- Acrylic Paint & Paintbrushes
- Glue (we prefer Elmer’s Craft Bond Glue, Tacky Glue, or a Low-Temp Glue Gun)
- Assorted Ribbons (you could also use Yarn, Colored Paper, etc.)
- Optional embellishments like Glitter, Stickers, Gemstones, Sequins, etc. as desired
- Masking Tape or Duck Tape
Tip: line the inside rim of the cans with a layer or two of thick masking or duct tape to avoid sharp edges!
Start by painting the can in colors of your choice.
We went with a rainbow color scheme over here, but you can use any colors that you prefer!
After the paint is dry, use glue to attach colorful ribbons to the bottom rim of the can. We also added a ribbon to the top of the can for hanging.
The boys were so proud of their work and LOVED how these turned out (and I agree!)!
These recycled can windsocks would make a great addition to your yard or garden!