This Lucky Charms Muddy Buddies recipe combines the best of traditional muddy buddies with the sweet marshmallow goodness of Lucky Charms! YUM!
This post may contain affiliate links. I will receive a small commission from these sales at no additional cost to you!
Lucky Charms Muddy Buddies
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner, and I have a super yummy sweet treat for you to celebrate the holiday! Today I whipped up this batch of Lucky Charms Muddy Buddies (also sometimes called Puppy Chow) and it’s like finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! Making them is super easy, and they make a great treat for St. Patrick’s Day.
What are Muddy Buddies?
Muddy Buddies, also known as Puppy Chow or Monkey Munch, is a homemade dessert (or snack!) made with cereal, peanut butter, chocolate, and powdered sugar.
These Lucky Charms muddy buddies combine the best of traditional muddy buddies with the sweet marshmallowy goodness of Lucky Charms!
Whip up a batch for St. Patrick’s Day or whenever you feel you need the luck of the Irish!
I modified the original Muddy Buddy recipe (usually made with Chex cereal and milk chocolate) by using Lucky Charms cereal (I used a Family Size box to make the recipe work) and white chocolate.
The peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar from classic Muddy Buddies, remain the same, though. I’m starting to believe in the Show Me the Yummy school of making Muddy Buddies — more more more! More chocolate, more peanut butter, more powdered sugar. YUM!
I separated out the marshmallows so they hang out separately from the “muddy” cereal, mixing them in at the end so they stay bright and colorful. Yes, it took a few minutes to separate them, but really it was faster than I expected!
If you don’t want to take the time to sort out the marshmallows from the cereal, you can buy a bag of cereal marshmallows on Amazon that has JUST the marshmallows!
These Muddy Buddies are such a bright and colorful treat for St. Patrick’s Day (or any day of the year!) that kids and adults alike will be asking for more!
This sweet treat is perfect for class parties, after school snacking, family movie night, birthday parties, and just about any occasion that calls for some colorful fun!
This super easy no-bake dessert is sure to be a HUGE hit with your crowd!
How to Make Lucky Charms Muddy Buddies
Lucky Charms Muddy Buddies
- 1 large microwave-safe bowl
- 1 large bag for shaking the mixture
What You’ll Need:
- 10 cups Lucky Charms Cereal
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 11 oz. White Chocolate Chips
- 1 16 oz. bag Powdered Sugar
- Start by separating your marshmallows and your cereal bits. I ended up with about 8 cups of cereal and 2.5 cups of marshmallows. Place the cereal in a large bowl and set aside marshmallows.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave white chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter uncovered on high in 30-second increments until fully melted. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Pour the cereal mixture into the bag. Add about 1/2 the powdered sugar. Hold the bag shut and shake until coated. Add more powdered sugar until REALLY coated.
- Pour the mixture back into the bowl and mix in the Lucky Charms marshmallows, tossing to lightly coat them in the powdered sugar.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
This recipe is SO quick and it’s easy enough that the kids can even make it on their own!
If you make these festive and colorful Muddy Buddies, we’d love to know how you liked them! Drop us a comment below and let us know!
You May Also Like:
Don’t Forget to Pin Our St. Patrick’s Day Muddy Buddies for Later!
Heidi Kundin has captivated the hearts of millions with her colorful and inspiring approach to crafting, celebrations, and family fun. With over 15 years of experience, Heidi’s website has become a must-visit destination for those seeking quick and easy creative ideas and last-minute solutions. Her warm personality shines through her posts, inviting readers to join her on a creative journey that’s fun, rewarding, and achievable.