Want to learn how to make jello shots? This yummy Mojito Jello Shot recipe is perfect for summer pool parties or any time of year! Delicious jello shots with rum, lime, and mint – YUM!
Have you ever wondered how to make jello shots? It’s SO easy! (And they’re so yummy, it’s no wonder that jello shots have become super popular!) These mojito jello shots pack all of the flavors of a classic mojito cocktail – lime, mint, and white rum – into a convenient little package that’s easy to tote to the pool, beach, and more!
Mojito Jello Shot Recipe
What’s in a Mojito Jello Shot?
What is Mojito Flavor? Are Mojitos Sweet?
Traditionally, a mojito has a refreshingly tart (but not sour) minty-lime flavor with just a hint of sweetness from the sugar. It’s a fresh combination of citrus, mint, and rum that is perfect for a hot summer day! These mojito jello shots perfectly mimic the flavors of a traditional mojito in a fun party-ready portable package!
To make mojito jello shots, you will need to begin with a simple syrup made from sugar and water. Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and heat over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want the mixture to get hot but not boiling!
Pour the contents of 3 envelopes of unflavored gelatin into the saucepan and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
In a large mixing bowl, add the lime juice and mint leaves. With a muddler or wooden spoon, muddle the mint leaves slightly. Add the hot gelatin mixture and cover the bowl for 10 minutes to steep the mint leaves.
Once the mint has steeped, remove the mint leaves from the mixture.
Add the rum, and stir well to incorporate.
Place the plastic Jello shot cups on a baking sheet, and carefully pour the mixture into each cup, filling them almost to the top of each rim. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
Before serving, add a lime wedge and mint leaf to garnish each mojito Jello shot.
Cheers! Aren’t these the cutest? Perfectly portable for all of your party needs!
These cool mojito jello shots are so refreshing after a long hot day!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 envelopes Knox Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 cup Mint Leaves
- 3/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1 cup White Rum
- Lime Wedges & Mint Leaves for garnish
- Add the sugar and water to a saucepan under medium heat. Stirring occasionally, heat until the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. You want the mixture to get hot but not boiling.
- Pour the contents of the 3 envelopes of gelatin into the saucepan and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the lime juice and mint leaves. With a muddler or wooden spoon, muddle the mint leaves slightly. Add the hot gelatin mixture and cover the bowl for 10 minutes to steep the mint leaves.
- Once the mint has steeped, remove the mint leaves from the mixture and add the rum. Stir well to incorporate.
- Place the plastic soufflé cups on a baking sheet and pour the mixture into each cup, filling almost to the top of each rim.
- Chill for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Before serving, add a lime wedge and mint leaf to each Jell-O shot.
If you’re not planning on serving the mojito jello shots right away, use the lid to cover the tops, and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
This mojito jello shot recipe is sure to become a new favorite to add to your arsenal! Great for summer parties or hanging out with your favorite friends on the weekend!
You May Also Like:
Pin this Mojito Jello Shot Recipe for Later!