In true New Year’s fashion, I’ve been trying hard to eat healthier foods lately, and one of the things that I have been experimenting with is protein powder. I’ve been drinking a lot of protein shakes for breakfast and lunch, so I wanted to try incorporating it into something non-liquid for an alternative. I came up with a yummy no-bake recipe for berry coconut almond protein bars that taste great and keep me full all morning long! This recipe can also easily be adapted for many dietary needs – Paleo, gluten-free, detox, etc.
- 1 cup Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1 teaspoon Glucomannan Fiber
- 1/4 cup Dried Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 cup Almonds, finely chopped or slivered
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Melt the honey and almond butter together in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir, and microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add protein powder, oats and glucomannan fiber and mix well. Dough should be thick and sticky. If it is not, add water one tablespoon at a time until it reaches the appropriate consistency.
- Mix in the dried blueberries and cranberries.
- Press mixture into a parchment paper lined 9x7 baking pan.
- In a small pan, lightly toast the sliced almonds and coconut. This will only take a few minutes over low heat, so keep an eye on it!
- Top the dough mixture with the almonds and coconut, using your hands to press the mixtures together.
- Cool in the refrigerator for one hour before cutting into bars.
These bars can be stored in the refrigerator for at least a week, but I can guarantee that they won’t last long once you try them! They can be eaten straight out of the fridge, or you can do what I do and let them sit out on the counter for a few minutes before eating them since they get softer at room temperature. Either way, they’re a new favorite of mine!