In true New Year’s fashion, I’ve been trying hard to eat healthier foods lately, and one of the things that I have been experimenting with is protein powder. I’ve been drinking a lot of protein shakes for breakfast and lunch, so I wanted to try incorporating it into something non-liquid for an alternative. I came up with a yummy no-bake recipe for berry coconut almond protein bars that taste great and keep me full all morning long! This recipe can also easily be adapted for many dietary needs – Paleo, gluten-free, detox, etc.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1 teaspoon Glucomannan Fiber
- 1/4 cup Dried Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 cup Almonds, finely chopped or slivered
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Melt the honey and almond butter together in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir, and microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add protein powder, oats and glucomannan fiber and mix well. Dough should be thick and sticky. If it is not, add water one tablespoon at a time until it reaches the appropriate consistency.
- Mix in the dried blueberries and cranberries.
- Press mixture into a parchment paper lined 9x7 baking pan.
- In a small pan, lightly toast the sliced almonds and coconut. This will only take a few minutes over low heat, so keep an eye on it!
- Top the dough mixture with the almonds and coconut, using your hands to press the mixtures together.
- Cool in the refrigerator for one hour before cutting into bars.
These bars can be stored in the refrigerator for at least a week, but I can guarantee that they won’t last long once you try them! They can be eaten straight out of the fridge, or you can do what I do and let them sit out on the counter for a few minutes before eating them since they get softer at room temperature. Either way, they’re a new favorite of mine!
Heidi Kundin has captivated the hearts of millions with her colorful and inspiring approach to crafting, celebrations, and family fun. With over 15 years of experience, Happiness is Homemade has become a must-visit destination for those seeking quick and easy creative ideas and last-minute solutions. Heidi’s warm personality shines through her posts, inviting readers to join her on a creative journey that’s fun, rewarding, and achievable. Heidi is also the author of Homemade Bath Bombs & More and DIY Tie-Dye.