The Cutest Nutter Butter Penguin Cookies
Make a fun no-bake winter treat that’ll really impress! These Nutter Butter Penguin Cookies are super cute and easy! They’re as fun to make as they are to eat! You’ll love the classic chocolate, peanut butter flavor combo, and the kids will love some time in the kitchen together!
This post may contain affiliate links. I will receive a small commission from these sales at no additional cost to you!
Sometimes, the winter days can seem to drag on when you’re stuck indoors, so to liven things up, we recommend whipping up a batch of these adorable penguin cookies! Spending time together in the kitchen is a great way to get the kids engaged and excited (and away from screens for a while!).
Easy Nutter Butter Penguin Cookie Pops
Ready to get started? Here’s what you’re going to need to make 10 Penguin Cookie Pops:
Ingredients for Nutter Butter Penguin Cookies:
Note: If you want to make cookies instead of cookie pops, you can skip the popsicle sticks. They’re cute either way!
How to Make Penguin Cookies:
Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. If you’re making these penguin cookie pops with younger children, we suggest sorting the decorations into muffin tins or small bowls to make assembly easy.
Pour the black candy melts into a microwave-safe dish. Heat in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until completely melted and smooth.
Gently pry apart all 10 Nutter Butter cookies. Dip one end of a popsicle stick into the melted chocolate and place on an open Nutter Butter half, and replace the top. Gently place the cookie on the lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining NutterButter cookies.
Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Reheat the black candy melts in the microwave in 30-second increments. Dip each Nutter Butter into the melted candy, letting the excess drip back into the bowl. Use a spoon to help coat the cookies as needed. Place on the lined baking sheet.
Once you coat the Nutter Butters in the candy melts, the kids can begin decorating them by adding the eyes, beak, tummy, etc.
Give each penguin cookie two small candy eyes, an orange mini M&M nose, and a white belly using a bright white candy melt.
Give the penguin 2 feet using 2 mini orange M&M’s at the base. Repeat with the remaining Nutter Butters.
Let the cookies harden for about an hour before serving (or put them in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to speed up the process!).
Store your Nutter Butter penguin cookies in an airtight container, and they’ll stay nice and fresh for up to 2 weeks!
Tip: To make your cookies look extra wintry, serve them on a plate of shredded coconut to look like snow!
Nutter Butter Penguin Cookies
What You’ll Need:
- Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Pour the black candy melts into a microwave-safe dish. Heat in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Gently pry apart all 10 Nutter Butter cookies. Dip one end of a popsicle stick into the melted chocolate and place on an open Nutter Butter half, and replace the top. Gently place the cookie on the lined baking sheet and repeat with all 10 Nutter Butter cookies.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Reheat the black candy melts in the microwave.
- Dip each Nutter Butter in the melted chocolate using a spoon to coat, letting the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. Place on the lined baking sheet.
- Give each penguin 2 small candy eyes, an orange mini M&M nose, and a white belly using 1 bright white candy melt.
- Give the Penguin 2 feet using 2 mini orange M&M's at the base. Repeat with all Nutter Butters.
- Let the cookies harden for about an hour before serving. This will ensure your penguin's features don't fall off as soon as you pick up the cookies.
These cute little penguin cookies are sure to be a huge hit with kids of all ages! They’d also make a great addition to a school or church bake sale. They’ll be snatched up in no time!
Check Out These Other Winter Themed Ideas!
- Printable Roll a Snowman Dice Game
- Nutter Butter Penguin Cookies
- 20+ Snowman Crafts for Kids and Adults
- Winter Word Search Printable + More
- 15 Adorable Penguin Crafts for Kids
- Cute Snowman Marshmallows
- Crochet Hat Patterns
- Easy Snowman Bath Bomb Recipe + Gift Idea