These adorable Penguin Crafts for Kids are perfect for snowy and rainy days indoors! Make these fun penguin crafts as a family and enjoy some quality winter crafting time together!
15 Totally Adorable Penguin Crafts to Make with Kids This Winter
Put the “win” in winter with these totally adorable penguin crafts! Winter is the perfect time for crafting with the kids. It’s cold outside, and all you want to do is stay snuggled up and warm indoors…but the kids have to be entertained and engaged, right? These penguin crafts are just what you need to create some indoor fun!
Kids just love penguins, and it’s no wonder. They’re cute, playful, and really interesting to learn about! You’ll also find lots of penguin books and movies to go along with these penguin crafts if you want to make a day of it.
You’ll find the perfect penguin craft here for your child no matter what the age. From simple crafts with printable templates to guide your little one through the project to precious keepsakes you’ll want to hold on to for years to come, we’ve got you covered!
Make yourself and the kiddos a cup of hot chocolate, and get to work on one of these penguin crafts today. You’ll be so glad you did!
Totally Adorable Penguin Crafts for Kids
1. Footprint Penguin from Simple Everyday Mom: Turn your child’s footprint into a beautiful work of art. This lovable little footprint penguin is the perfect winter craft for little kids. Grandparents would love receiving one of these as a holiday gift, or you could even turn them into fun ornaments for the tree!
2. Doll Pin Penguin Craft from Craft Create Cook: Use doll pins (also known as peg dolls) to create these cute little penguins. They’ll look great standing among your other Christmas decor or converted into ornaments.
3. Penguin Salt Dough Handprint Ornament from Messy Little Monster: You’ll love looking at these gorgeous ornaments year after year! Your child’s handprint becomes a family of penguins standing in the snow – precious!
4. Penguin Finger Puppet from Artsy Momma: Finger puppets are loads of fun, and your kids will have a blast making and playing with this penguin finger puppet for hours.
5. Penguin Cone Craft from MollyMoo: Turn a cone into a party penguin. If you don’t have a cone, you can create one out of an empty paper towel tube or toilet paper roll. Love the expression on the penguin’s face!
6. Handprint Penguin from The Best Ideas for Kids: These handprint penguins would make great keepsakes to give to extended family, or they’d make beautiful Christmas cards.
7. Clear Ornament Penguin Craft from Gluesticks: Who knew a clear ornament and a pom pom could be turned into something so darn cute? You could add it to a shelf or table, or let your kiddos make their rooms more festive for the winter!
8. Penguin Paper Bag Puppet from Simple Everyday Mom: Who doesn’t love paper bag puppets? They’re loads of fun to make and to play with. Let the kids put on a penguin play with their puppets after you’re finished.
9. No Sew Felt Penguin from The Purple Pumpkin Blog: Use the template to create this adorable no-sew felt penguin. You can turn it into an ornament as shown, or put it in a frame to create some Christmas-y or winter-themed artwork.
10. Penguin Rocks from Sustain My Craft Habit: Painting rocks is such a fun activity for the whole family, and you have to admit, these penguin rocks are super cute! Make them to use in your home (hello, adorable paperweight!), or hide the rocks around town as a surprise for someone to find.
11. Easy Origami Penguin from Artsy Craftsy Mom: If your kids like origami, or even if they’re brand new to origami, this is a great craft to try. It doesn’t require many folds, and they’re not complicated, so even the little ones can do this with some help.
12. P is for Penguin Craft from Steamsational: For little ones who are just learning their letters, this P is for Penguin craft is the perfect way to spend some time together. It reinforces the letter ‘P’ and allows them to show off their creative side.
13. Penguin Paper Plate Craft from Making of a Mom: You probably already have everything that you need to make this paper plate penguin at home! Kids of all ages will enjoy it, but it’s especially great for toddlers since it’s simple, with minimal cutting.
14. Penguin Paper Tube Craft from The Inspiration Edit: The printable template makes this toilet tube penguin a wonderful craft for preschoolers. It gives kids a chance to practice cutting, coloring, painting, and gluing all in one craft.
15. Popsicle Stick Penguins from Mommy Made That: You’ll want to make lots of these popsicle stick penguins. They are cute on the tree, but they’ll also make lovely gift tie-ons for the Christmas season as well.
We hope you found the perfect penguin craft to make with your kids in our list! I’m sure that you’ll want to make more than one of these cute little penguins, so make sure to pin this post to save it for later!
You May Also Like:
Don’t Forget to Pin These Penguin Crafts for Later!