This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Manwich. All opinions are 100% mine.
The beginning of the week can be hurried and busy, but that doesn’t mean that your dinnertime has to suffer! Manwich Mondays are a great way to kick-off the week with a tasty, easy-to-make, family meal around the dinner table. My boys helped me make these 30-Minute Taco Cups, and they were a big hit!
Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees, and trimming the tortillas to size, if necessary. I used 5″ wide flour tortillas (cut down from a larger size), but corn tortillas would also work well.
Soften the tortillas by wrapping them in a damp paper towel and microwaving them for 30 seconds before shaping them inside of a muffin tin cup. On the stovetop, cook 1.5 lbs of ground turkey, and then add one can of Manwich (Original, Bold or Thick & Chunky), 1 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp taco seasoning, and a 1/2 tsp onion powder.
Spoon the meat mixture into the tortilla cup, and top with a generous spoonful of salsa and shredded cheese. Bake at 375 for 10-13 minutes. Serve with sides of sour cream and guacamole if desired.
My kids called these “Soooo amazing!” as they gobbled them up with both hands! That’s the kid-stopping power of a messy-licious Manwich Mondays meal! (Bonus: two-handed eating means that they won’t try to bring any games or distracting devices to the dinner table!) Mondays are often the most hectic day of the week, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t start your week with a nice sit-down dinner with your family!
What You’ll Need:
- 8-10 Tortillas depending on how full you want the cups
- 1.5 lbs Ground Turkey
- 1 Can of Original Manwich
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 6 oz. Salsa
- 1/2 cup Mexican Style Cheese Blend, shredded
- Garnish: Green Onions, Sour Cream, and Guacamole, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut tortillas to size if necessary (5" - 6"), and shape into a cup inside of a muffin tin.
- Cook ground turkey on the stovetop, and add in the Manwich, cumin, taco seasoning and onion powder.
- Spoon meat into the tortilla cups, and top with a generous spoonful of salsa and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes until cheese has melted and the tortillas are golden brown.
- Enjoy with sour cream, guacamole and green onions if desired.
Get your week off to a great start with Manwich Mondays and this awesome prize pack which includes a $50 Visa Gift Card (for groceries!), a branded spoon and potholder, and three (3) cans of Manwich (one of each variety – Original, Bold & Thick & Chunky). One lucky reader will win it all! Enter via the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck!
Be sure to visit Manwich for more Manwich Mondays Recipes and sign up for the ReadySetEat enewsletter! To locate Manwich products in a store near you, use the product locator on ConAgra Foods’ website.
dale sloan says
Very good idea for tacks thanks.
My favorite is the recipe for the sloppy joe biscuit casserole. m
There are so many good ideas – right now I want the Sloppy Joe’s Tacos!!!
I would like to try the Sloppy Joe Tacos.