These easy chocolate fudge cake mix cookies are perfect for Halloween! A delicious, chewy Halloween cookie that everyone will love!
This post may contain affiliate links. I will receive a small commission from these sales at no additional cost to you!
The next time you’re craving a batch of cookies, reach for a box of cake mix! This easy cake mix cookies recipe makes perfectly sweet and chewy cookies, and the M&M’s add a fun pop of color to keep with the Halloween theme. (If you want to mix things up and add a punch of peanut butter flavor, Reese’s Pieces would work great, too!)
These semi-homemade cookies are perfect for Halloween parties, bake sales, and class parties! A delicious dessert with minimal effort!
Check Out These Other Yummy Halloween Treats!
Halloween Cake Mix Cookies
Supplies Needed for Cake Mix Cookies:
- Box of Cake Mix – we used a Super Moist Chocolate Fudge Cake mix
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil or Canola Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Orange M&Ms
How to Make Cake Mix Cookies:
To begin, preheat the oven, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. With a whisk, combine the cake mix and baking powder in a large bowl.
Add in the beaten eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla until well blended.
Fold in orange M&Ms until combined.
Scoop balls of dough using a 1.5 tablespoon small cookie scoop. Do not flatten as they will spread! Leave a couple of inches between each ball to ensure that they will have enough space to spread. Add a few extra candy pieces and/or chocolate chips on top if desired.
Bake – we find that 9 minutes is the perfect amount of time to keep these delicious cookies chewy!
Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
Serve and enjoy!
How Do I Store Cake Mix Cookies?
Store these chocolate cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature or up to 7 days if kept refrigerated.
Super Moist Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix Cookies
Halloween Cake Mix Cookies
What You’ll Need:
- 1 box Super Moist Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Large Eggs, room temperature; beaten
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1/3 cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Orange M&Ms, reserve a small amount for the tops
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a whisk, combine the cake mix and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add in the beaten eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla until well blended.
- Fold in orange M&Ms until combined.
- Scoop out balls of dough using a 1.5-tablespoon cookie scoop. Do not flatten them as they will spread. Ensure to leave a couple of inches between each ball. Add a few extra M&Ms and chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for 9 minutes to keep the cookies chewy.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Enjoy!
This easy cookie recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
Did I miss it…bake at what temperature?
Hi Lia, bake at 350 degree F for 9 minutes 🙂