Happy Chinese New Year!
Chinese New Year begins on February 10th this year and will be celebrated for 15 days. During this time, families come together for food, parades, gift-giving, and activities to promote good fortune for the upcoming year. Celebrate the Year of the Snake with this fun and easy dragon craft for kids.
- Paper egg carton (full dozen size)
- Acrylic or tempera paint in traditional Chinese dragon colors such as red, yellow, orange, gold, and black.
- Googly eyes
- Small piece of red paper
- To make the dragon, take the bottom half of the egg carton, and cut it in half lengthwise. (One egg carton will make two dragons.)
- Remove one of the end cup sections to be used as the dragon’s head.
- Paint the egg carton and the head cup. Paint the inside of the head black (for the mouth).
- After the paint dries, attach the head to the body with glue. Add googly eyes to the top of the head (as shown.)
- From the red paper cut out a long tongue, and glue it inside of the dragon’s mouth.