Happy Chinese New Year!
Chinese New Year begins on February 10th this year and will be celebrated for 15 days. During this time, families come together for food, parades, gift-giving, and activities to promote good fortune for the upcoming year. Celebrate the Year of the Snake with this fun and easy dragon craft for kids.
- Paper egg carton (full dozen size)
- Acrylic or tempera paint in traditional Chinese dragon colors such as red, yellow, orange, gold, and black.
- Googly eyes
- Small piece of red paper
- To make the dragon, take the bottom half of the egg carton, and cut it in half lengthwise. (One egg carton will make two dragons.)
- Remove one of the end cup sections to be used as the dragon’s head.
- Paint the egg carton and the head cup. Paint the inside of the head black (for the mouth).
- After the paint dries, attach the head to the body with glue. Add googly eyes to the top of the head (as shown.)
- From the red paper cut out a long tongue, and glue it inside of the dragon’s mouth.
Heidi Kundin has captivated the hearts of millions with her colorful and inspiring approach to crafting, celebrations, and family fun. With over 15 years of experience, Heidi’s website has become a must-visit destination for those seeking quick and easy creative ideas and last-minute solutions. Her warm personality shines through her posts, inviting readers to join her on a creative journey that’s fun, rewarding, and achievable.