This spiced cranberry wine spritzer is perfect to serve around the holidays! It’s full of winter flavors like cranberry, pear, cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves. Perfect for your Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas party!
This post may contain affiliate links. I will receive a small commission from these sales at no additional cost to you!
A spiced cranberry wine spritzer is a delicious and refreshing holiday cocktail that’s perfect for cozy winter gatherings. Made with cranberry wine and a blend of warm spices, this festive drink is sure to be a hit with all of your guests!
You May Also Like These Fabulous Drink Recipes:
- Wine: this recipe features this Cranberry wine from Pasek Cellars, which you can find in the wine section at Cost Plus World Market. If you can’t find this or another cranberry wine, a zinfandel or riesling would make a great substitution. Look for something light, refreshing, and sweet with a hint of tartness.
- Soda: We used French Soda’s Pear Cardamom sparkling soda which can also be found in the beverage section at World Market. The pear and cardamom round out traditional holiday flavors and work well with the cranberry.
- Whole spices: adjust the amount and variety of spices to your preferences. We used whole cinnamon sticks, cloves, and cardamom pods, but you could also add star anise, perhaps a pinch of ground nutmeg, or remove anything that doesn’t suit your palette.
- Limes: Use fresh limes (not lime juice!) for this recipe. Both the wine and soda are fairly sweet and the sourness of the limes balances the beverage. Add additional lime wedges or slices to the pitcher for a festive garnish.
- Cranberries: If you wanted to add a little extra tartness to your drink, muddle a few cranberries at the bottom of your cup before filling it with ice.
What supplies will I need to complete this recipe?
- A large pitcher (pictured is a 90 fluid ounce pitcher)
- Wine opener
- Citrus juicer or strainer
How to Make a Spiced Cranberry Wine Spritzer
To make the cranberry wine beverage, add the wine, pear cardamom soda, cardamom pods, cloves, cinnamon sticks to a large pitcher.
Squeeze the juice from the limes into the pitcher using a citrus juicer or by hand. Use a strainer, if desired, to catch the pulp.
Gently stir all the ingredients together. Add additional lime slices and cranberries for garnish.
Fill each glass a quarter of the way with ice and pour the wine spritzer over. Cranberries and lime slices should pour into the glass with the beverage, or can be added to each glass as served.
- Using chilled wine and soda is a key component of a wine spritzer. This is a cold drink, intended to be refreshing, so using chilled ingredients is a a must!
- This could easily become a sangria as well! Add some more chopped fruit, such as pear slices to go with the pear cardamom soda, orange slices, and granulated sugar. Allow the mixture to chill for a few hours in the refrigerator so that the flavors have time to mingle.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I make this drink ahead of time?
Sure! If you wanted a deeper flavor from the whole spices, you can fill the pitcher with the spices, wine, and lime juice and let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours and up to overnight. Top with soda before serving the next day.
What is a wine spritzer?
A wine spritzer is one of the easiest drinks to make! Pour wine and some soda over a glass of ice and you’re done! This large batch spritzer is perfect for holiday parties and gatherings but could be made by the glass as well. Simply add ice to your glass, fill three-fourths full with wine, top with soda and desired garnishes.
What variations can I make to this cranberry wine spritzer?
Too sweet? Add some tonic water in lieu of the soda. Not sweet enough? Add some granulated sugar or simple syrup to make it sweeter.
You can also switch up the flavor of the soda for a fun twist. The French Soda brand has other delicious flavors, like a Cranberry-lime, that would be great in this wine spritzer. You could also try adding ginger ale, or a lemon-lime soda such as 7-Up or Sprite.
Spiced Cranberry Wine Spritzer
What You’ll Need:
- 750 ml (1 bottle) Cranberry Wine, chilled
- 400 ml (2 cups) Pear Cardamom Soda, chilled
- 8 Whole Green Cardamom Pods
- 8 Whole Cloves
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks
- 4 Limes
- 1 cup Fresh, Whole Cranberries
- Add the cranberry wine, pear soda, cardamom pods, cloves, and cinnamon sticks to a large pitcher.
- Juice 2 1/2 limes (strain the pulp if desired), and slice up the remainder of the limes for garnish.
- Add the lime juice to the pitcher, and gently stir all of the ingredients together. Add lime slices and cranberries to the pitcher.
- Fill each glass 1/4 of the way with ice, and pour the wine spritzer mixture (including the fresh limes and cranberries) over the ice. Cheers!
This spiced cranberry wine spritzer is the perfect drink for cozy winter gatherings. The warm spices and tart cranberry flavors make it a festive and flavorful addition to any holiday celebration. It will quickly become a favorite among your holiday guests. Cheers!
Don’t Forget to Pin This for Later!
Heidi Kundin has captivated the hearts of millions with her colorful and inspiring approach to crafting, celebrations, and family fun. With over 15 years of experience, Heidi’s website has become a must-visit destination for those seeking quick and easy creative ideas and last-minute solutions. Her warm personality shines through her posts, inviting readers to join her on a creative journey that’s fun, rewarding, and achievable.