Want to learn how to make jello shots? This delicious strawberry margarita jello shot recipe is perfect for summer parties, backyard BBQs, pool parties, Cinco de Mayo and more!
Have you ever wanted to learn how to make jello shots? They’re SO easy and delicious! These strawberry margarita jello shots are a fun twist on a classic cocktail favorite, and they’re sure to be a huge hit with all of your party guests! Everyone will be asking for this yummy jello shot recipe!
How to Make Jello Shots:
What You’ll Need:
- (2) 3-ounce boxes of Strawberry Jell-O
- Boiling Water
- Cold Silver Tequila
- Coarse Sugar or Margarita Salt for Rimming Glasses
- Limes for Garnish
- 2-ounce Plastic Shot Glasses
Add two boxes of strawberry Jello to a mixing bowl.
Add boiling water and whisk until all the Jello is dissolved.
Add the cold tequila and mix well.
Pour the mixture into twelve 2-oz shot glasses and refrigerate until firm (about 2 hours).
Once completely set, dip the rims of each cup into water or corn syrup. Place each cup onto a plate sprinkled with coarse sugar (or margarita salt if you prefer a sweet and salty Jello shot ) and coat each rim. Return to the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the rims to set.
Slice the limes into small wedges, and place on the rims of each Jello shot cup.
Seriously, how cute are these strawberry margarita jello shots? They’re such a fun addition to your party festivities!
I love these strawberry margarita jello shots because they’re SO easy to make, and they always wow the crowd!
Now that you know how to make tequila jello shots, your friends will want you to make them for every party!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 3-oz Boxes Strawberry Jello
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 1 cup Silver Tequila, cold
- 2-3 Limes
- Coarse Sugar or Margarita Salt
- Pour the 2 boxes of strawberry Jello into a large mixing bowl. Add the boiling water and whisk until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Add the cold tequila and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into 12 plastic Jello shot cups and chill, uncovered, for 2 hours or until completely set.
- Once completely set, dip the rims of each cup into water or corn syrup. Place each cup onto a plate sprinkled with coarse sugar (or margarita salt if you prefer a sweet and salty Jell-O shot ) and coat each rim. Return to the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the rims to set.
- Before serving, slice the limes into small wedges and place on the rims of each Jello shot cup.
If you love these jello shots, stay tuned! We’ve got more cocktail-inspired jello shot recipes coming to the blog soon!
Pin these Strawberry Margarita Jello Shots for Later!
You May Also Like:
Lavender Lemonade Prosecco Cocktail
Clementine Mojito (plus three more Izze cocktail recipes!)
Electric Blue Butterfly Cocktail
Heidi Kundin, the vibrant force behind Happiness is Homemade, has captivated the hearts of millions with her colorful and inspiring approach to crafting, celebrations, and family fun. With 15 years of experience, Heidi’s website has become a must-visit destination for those seeking fresh and engaging ideas. Her warm personality shines through her posts, inviting readers to join her on a creative journey that’s not only fun but also achievable and budget-conscious. As a mother of three, Heidi expertly balances family life and her passion for creativity, proving that with a little imagination and dedication, happiness truly can be homemade!
Jermiane Rodriguez says
I made these and they were a hit! Everyone enjoyed them and asked for the recipe.
Thank you 😊
Thanks for sharing this recipe I’ll be making these tonight because there’s a big party coming up
Anjetone Slade says
I made these and they wowed the crowd I will make them again
I’m so glad to hear that they were a hit, Anjetone! 🙂
These were so good and the hit of our party! Thanx for the recipe!
These look amazing!