Is your little one headed to their first day of kindergarten or preschool this year? Make a DIY First Day of School shirt with this fun back to school SVG + 14 MORE FREE Back to School SVGs!
First Day of Kindergarten Shirt
This post may contain affiliate links. I will receive a small commission from these sales at no additional cost to you!
The first day of kindergarten is a special and monumental event, so it calls for a super special First Day of School shirt! Use our “Watch Out Kindergarten, Here I Come!” to create a special DIY first day of kindergarten shirt to commemorate the occasion! It’s perfect for First Day of School pictures! We even created a preschool version for younger kids, because the first day of preschool is a big deal, too!
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO MAKE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL SHIRTS:
- Your Favorite Blank Shirt (Here are a few of our favorites!)
- Cricut Maker or Explore Air 2 Cutting Machine (or other electronic cutting machine that uses SVG files)
- Iron-On (Heat Transfer Vinyl) in assorted colors (Amazon | Cricut | Expressions)
- Weeding Tools (Amazon | Cricut)
- EasyPress 2 and Mat (Amazon | Cricut) (Note: you can also use an iron or a heat press, however, we HIGHLY recommend the EasyPress!)
To begin making your shirt, open the SVG in Cricut Design Space (or other software program) and cut out the different layers.
Cut out your vinyl using the Cricut Maker or Explore Air. Note: When using iron-on, always make sure that you mirror each individual mat before cutting!
Use the weeding tools to remove the excess vinyl, and then use the EasyPress 2 to adhere your design to your shirt following the recommended time and temperature settings in the Interactive Quick Reference Guide.
To get the First Day of Kindergarten and Preschool SVG files, enter your name and email below and click “Get It Now!” for instant access!
THIS FILE IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
14 More FREE Back to School SVGs!
If you liked our First Day of School shirts, you’re going to LOVE these! Get even MORE Totally FREE Back to School SVGs right here!
With these awesome SVG files from my Totally FREE SVG friends, you can create all of these awesome back to school projects and MUCH more!
Get the FREE SVG files by clicking on the links below:
- Too Cool for School from The Country Chic Cottage
- Keepin’ It Class-y from Kingston Crafts
- I Will Talk to Everyone from Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Be Awesome Today from Pineapple Paper Co.
- Ready to Rule the School from That’s What Che Said
- Back To School? No Prob-llama from Hello Creative Family
- One Smart Cookie from Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- Bookmark and Reading Log from 100 Directions
- Prepare to be Schooled from Everyday Party Magazine
- I Put the Cool in School from Happy Go Lucky Blog
- Back to Cool from See LINDSAY
- I’m Just Here for Recess from Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Most Likely to Talk in Class from The Simply Crafted Life
- No Foolish Wand Waving in This Class from Crafting in the Rain
Enjoy! Happy Back-to-School season!
You May Also Like:
Pin These Free First Day of School SVGs for Later!