This is the BEST Strawberry Milkshake recipe ever! Lemon juice, maple syrup, fresh strawberries, and vanilla extract are a unique and delicious way to brighten up this classic favorite. A light, delicious, and super easy summer dessert!
This post may contain affiliate links. I will receive a small commission from these sales at no additional cost to you!
There’s nothing better than a fresh homemade strawberry milkshake, but some recipes that simply include fruit, ice cream and milk often fall flat. Our strawberry shake recipe doesn’t include ANY milk* and instead relies on other flavor-packed liquid ingredients to punch things up. The results speak for themselves – this is the BEST strawberry milkshake recipe EVER!
* Note: depending on the strength of your blender, you may need to add a VERY small amount of milk in order to blend the ingredients. We use a Vitamix blender, and we have not needed to add any additional liquid to our recipe.
How to Make the Best Strawberry Milkshake
- Strawberry Ice Cream (may substitute vanilla ice cream if desired)
- Strawberries: fresh strawberries will provide the best flavor, but frozen strawberries will also work
- Lemon Juice: fresh lemon juice always tastes best, but lemon juice from concentrate can also be used
- Maple Syrup: use high-quality pure maple syrup for best results
- Vanilla Extract: pure vanilla extract is best
- You will also need a blender or food processor and (3) 16-ounce glasses.
As always, using high-quality fresh ingredients will produce the best results, but feel free to make substitutions as necessary!
First, add the ice cream to the blender or food processor.
Next, add the strawberries to the blender, followed by the maple syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
Blend until smooth. If your blender isn’t powerful enough to process the ingredients, you may wish to add a small amount of milk to the mixture – just enough to loosen the ingredients and assist in the blending process. We like using almond milk or coconut milk if necessary, but feel free to use whatever suits your taste.
Pour the strawberry milkshake into cups (we used three 16-ounce mason jar mugs).
YUMMMM! This strawberry milkshake looks pretty delicious as-is, but a little garnish will take things to the next level!
A dollop of fluffy whipped cream, a sliced strawberry, and a fresh mint sprig dresses things up and makes this milkshake look absolutely irresistible! 😋
Frequently Asked Strawberry Milkshake Questions
How should I store this Strawberry Milkshake?
You can store this strawberry milkshake in the freezer, preferably in an airtight container, though it can also be kept in the glass and wrapped in plastic. Let the milkshake sit out to thaw for several minutes before drinking, or put it in the microwave for 15-second intervals, stirring after each, until it’s a drinkable consistency.
How else can I change up my milkshake?
This strawberry milkshake recipe can be made as healthy or unhealthy as you would like! For a slightly healthier version, use low-fat ice cream made from natural ingredients. You can also include protein powder, ground flax seed, or collagen powder for increased health benefits. Different types of fruit such as raspberries, blueberries, pineapple, oranges, or kiwis can be used as well (in addition to or in place of the strawberries) and offer their own nutritional benefits. Adding a handful of spinach to the milkshake won’t alter the flavor profile and adds a boost of healthy nutrients.
On the other hand, you could also make this milkshake even more decadent by adding chocolate syrup, Oreo cookies, or strawberry syrup for additional flavor!
Homemade Strawberry Milkshake Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- 1.5 quarts (6 cups) Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2 cups Strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Whipped Cream, Strawberries, & Mint Leaves optional, for garnish
- In a blender or food processor, blend together the ice cream, strawberries, lemon juice, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Pour into milkshake glasses and garnish with strawberries, whipped cream, and fresh mint if desired.
This yummy strawberry shake recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
Check Out These Other Cool Treats!
- Healthy Banana Cream Pie Smoothie
- The Best Strawberry Milkshake Recipe
- 30+ Homemade Popsicle Recipes
- Tropical Smoothie Fruit Pops
- Dragon Fruit Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Healthy Blueberry Muffin Smoothie Recipe
- Watermelon Dragon Fruit Smoothie
- Chocolate Caramel Nutchello Popsicles
Leave a Reply