These 20+ fun pool noodle crafts are perfect for summer or in fall after you shut the pool down for the season! Lots of fun pool noodle crafts for kids and adults!
This post may contain affiliate links. I will receive a small commission from these sales at no additional cost to you!
With summer upon us, your pool is likely FULL of colorful pool noodles. Swim with them, sword fight with them—they’re just so fun much in the water!
Did you know that pool noodles are also super handy for crafting? It’s true! We’ve compiled 20+ pool noodle crafts for kids and grown-ups of all ages. This list is a great way to upcycle any extra pool noodles that you have hanging around during the summer or after you close the pool for the season.
So, grab a few pool noodles, a glue gun, and the kiddos, and get to work on one of the awesome projects below! You’ll be surprised at how many fun ways you can use these tube-shaped pieces of foam!
Pool Noodle Crafts and Hacks for Kids
Pool Noodle Boats from The Best Ideas for Kids: This is a wonderful summer activity for the whole family! Make pool noodle pirate boats and then race them in your pool, in a container, or even in a nearby lake or stream if you have one. Kids will have so much fun with this simple little toy!
Pool Noodle Car Ramp from Hello, Wonderful: Slice a pool noodle in half to make easy peasy car ramps to race toy cars down the stairs. You could also build a marble run using pool noodles, too!
Pool Noodle Airplane from Passion for Savings: Instead of paper airplanes, try pool noodle airplanes! After you’re finished with the craft, hold a contest to see which person’s aircraft can fly the farthest.
Pool Noodle Shark from JDaniel4’s Mom: Make a cute shark decoration for summer (or Shark Week!)! It’ll look great poolside, and since it’s made of foam, you can even play with it in the water!
Pool Noodle Spiders from MollyMoo: These adorable pool noodle spiders are definitely more cute than creepy! Make some for Halloween decorations or as part of an arachnid study unit with the kids.
Pool Noodle Monsters from Create Craft Love: These silly pool noodle monsters are fun for any time of year! Using pom-poms, straws, googly eyes, and pipe cleaners, you can create monsters with all sorts of goofy faces.
Pool Noodle Telescope from Repeat Crafter Me: Ahoy, mateys! It’s time to scan the seas with a pirate telescope made from pool noodles.
Pool Noodle Hobby Horse from MollyMoo: Don’t spend a fortune on a hobby horse when you can make one for just a few dollars with a pool noodle and a few other materials. The colorful scrap fabric mane is so fun!
Pool Noodle Word Tower from The Educator’s Spin On It: Cut pool noodles into slices and label them with letters to encourage your kids to build words. It’s a fun way to practice for spelling tests or to work on word families.
Pool Noodle Crafts for Grown-Ups
Pool Noodle Candy Décor from Ann’s Entitled Life: Party decorations on the cheap? Yes, please! Roll up pool noodles and wrap them in cellophane to make lovely candy decorations for your yard or home – perfect for Candyland parties and Christmas décor!
Pool Noodle Firecracker Decorations from My Pinterventures: Celebrate the 4th of July with some super easy firecracker decorations!
With so many awesome pool noodle crafts in this collection, you’re sure to find something that you love!
Check Out These Other Fun Summer Ideas!
- 30+ Mermaid Party Ideas
- Summer Coloring Pages – Free Printables
- Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe
- Free Summer Word Search Printable
- Strawberry Cream Popsicles
- Easy Summer Kids Crafts That Anyone Can Make!
- Summer Bucket List Printable for 2023
- 35+ Fun Summer Activities for Kids
Pin these fun Pool Noodle Crafts for Later!
Pin this list of pool noodle crafts to try this summer!
Pool Noodle Crafts for Kids
- Pool Noodle Boats from The Best Ideas for Kids
- Pool Noodle Lightsabers from Kids Activities Blog
- Pool Noodle Car Ramp from Hello, Wonderful
- Pool Noodle Poppers from The Tiptoe Fairy
- Pool Noodle Airplane from Passion for Savings
- The Lorax Pool Noodle Craft from Surviving a Teacher’s Salary
- Pool Noodle Nunchucks from See Vanessa Craft
- Pool Noodle Shark from JDaniel4’s Mom
- Pool Noodle Periscope from Steam Powered Family
- Pool Noodle Spiders from MollyMoo
- Pool Noodle Monsters from Create Craft Love
- Pool Noodle Telescope from Repeat Crafter Me
- Pool Noodle Hobby Horse from MollyMoo
- Pool Noodle Golf Course from Surviving a Teacher’s Salary
- Pool Noodle Word Tower from The Educator’s Spin On It
- Pool Noodle Garland from Pretty Life Girls
- Pool Noodle Luminaries from Create Craft Love
- Floating Pool Noodle Toy Bin from Cutefetti
- Pool Noodle Candy Decor from Ann’s Entitled Life
- Pool Noodle Firecracker Decorations from My Pinterventures
Heidi Kundin has captivated the hearts of millions with her colorful and inspiring approach to crafting, celebrations, and family fun. With over 15 years of experience, Happiness is Homemade has become a must-visit destination for those seeking quick and easy creative ideas and last-minute solutions. Heidi’s warm personality shines through her posts, inviting readers to join her on a creative journey that’s fun, rewarding, and achievable. Heidi is also the author of Homemade Bath Bombs & More and DIY Tie-Dye.