These are the cutest You’ve Been Booed printables EVER! Does your neighborhood Boo each other at Halloween time? Not sure what that even means? Read on, and I’m sure you’ll be excited to “Boo,” too! It’s such a fun tradition!
This post may contain affiliate links. I will receive a small commission from these sales at no additional cost to you!
You’ve Been Booed Printable Signs
I had always wanted to live in a neighborhood that “Boos” each other at Halloween time, so I was beyond thrilled to open the door of our new home one early October morning to discover a pumpkin-shaped basket on our doorstep. The pumpkin was packed full of Halloween treats and goodies for our family along with a sign saying “You’ve Been Booed!” – We had been Booed!
Ever since that first Boo experience several years ago, Booing our neighbors has become a well-loved Halloween tradition in our community. This year, I decided to personalize our Halloween Boo game by creating my own “You’ve Been Booed” printable signs to use as we kick off the festivities.
Now, we will be able to track and see just how far our Boo love spreads around our neighborhood and beyond. We can’t wait to see our printable Booed signs up on everyone’s windows and doors, and we hope that you will join in on the fun, too!
(If you do, we’d love to see your photos! Tag us on social media @hiHomemadeBlog!)
What Does it Mean to Boo Someone at Halloween?
Booing (also known as Ghosting) is a fun and relatively new Halloween tradition in which neighbors secretly (and often anonymously) leave baskets of Halloween goodies on each other’s doorsteps in the weeks leading up to Halloween. It’s a really great way to spread kindness and Halloween spirit throughout your neighborhood and community!
How Do You Boo Someone for Halloween?
Booing your friends and neighbors is as easy as 1-2-3!
- If you received a Boo basket on your doorstep, it probably came with a set of “You’ve Been Booed” signs. Place the “We’ve Been Booed” sign on your front window or door to let the other neighbors know that you have already been Booed. (If you’re kicking off the Boo tradition in your neighborhood, skip Step 1 and move on to Step 2!)
- Within two days, make two copies of the printable Boo sign set (get the free printables below!), and make two Halloween treat baskets.
- Under the cover of darkness, deliver the Boo baskets and signs to two other houses in your neighborhood that haven’t been Booed yet. Don’t let them see you! Guessing who Booed you is part of the fun!
Note: by asking each home to deliver two baskets of treats vs only one basket, you ensure that the chain of paying-it-forward will not be broken, and the Halloween love will continue to spread even further throughout your neighborhood!
If you’d like to surprise your friends and neighbors with Boo treats without the pass-it-on component, check out our printable You’ve Been Booed Treat Bag Toppers!
What Do You Put in a Boo Basket?
Traditionally, Boo baskets contain an assortment of candy or sweet treats along with inexpensive Halloween novelty toys or party favors (Dollar Tree always has a great variety of Boo basket fillers for just $1), but your Boo basket can be as simple or elaborate as you make it!
Some fun things to include in a Halloween Boo basket are:
- Halloween Books
- DVD Movies
- Halloween Socks
- Face Paint
- Halloween Craft Kits
- Halloween Novelty Toys
- Glow Sticks
- Halloween Baking Supplies
- Halloween Puzzles
- and Halloween Candy, of course!
Don’t forget to add the printable Booed signs to your basket! (Get yours below!)
If you need more Boo basket ideas, check out our “We’ve Been Booed” gallery of reader photos!
When Should I Start Booing My Neighbors?
People typically start Booing their neighbors in early October, and the Booing will spread throughout the entire neighborhood during the month of October. If you neighborhood hasn’t started Booing by mid-month, you may wish to get the game started so that everyone still has time to participate before Halloween. Someone has to kick off the fun each year!
My boys are always SO excited to sneak around the neighborhood after dark to deliver our treats to unsuspecting friends. The best part is watching how far the “Boo” spreads up and down the street, around the block, and even over to the next neighboring areas. “We’ve Been Booed” signs start popping up on every window, and the kids start eagerly chatting and trying to guess who had Booed whom. Such fun!
Once you start Booing your friends and neighbors, it will quickly become one of your favorite Halloween traditions!
Printable You’ve Been Booed Signs
To get the Booed Printables, enter your name and email in the form below and click the “Get It Now!” button!
WANT MORE HALLOWEEN GAMES & ACTIVITIES? GRAB OUR MEGA BUNDLE ON SALE NOW!
Happy Halloween and Happy Booing!
Check Out These Other Halloween Printables!
- Free You’ve Been Booed Printables!
- 40+ Free Halloween Printables
- Halloween Printable: Booed Treat Bags
- Free Printable Halloween Games
- Free Printable Halloween Candy Bar Wrappers
- Halloween Charades Game Cards
- Halloween Memory Match Game
- Free Printable Halloween Scavenger Hunt
- FREE Halloween Coloring Pages for Adults & Kids
- Printable Halloween Trivia Game
- Printable Halloween Bingo Game Cards
- Halloween Word Scramble for Kids
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE HALLOWEEN FAVORITES:
Don't Forget to Pin these Boo Printables for Later!
Halloween clip art available from Jazzy Patterns