Tequila sunrise Jello shots are the perfect cocktail for backyard summer bbqs and pool parties! Get this yummy jello shot recipe that is sure to be the hit of the party this summer!
Tequila Sunrise Jello Shots
This post may contain affiliate links. I will receive a small commission from these sales at no additional cost to you!
Planning a party? Looking for a fun cocktail recipe to make your backyard bash the best EVER? These yummy tequila sunrise jello shots are fun, delicious, and refreshing!
Ingredients to Make Tequila Sunrise Jello Shots:
- Cherry Jell-O
- Orange Jell-O
- Maraschino Cherry Juice or Syrup
- Pulp-Free Orange Juice
- Silver Tequila (Get $10 Off Your First Order + Free Delivery with code SAS at Saucey.com!)
- Orange Wedges and Maraschino Cherries (for garnish, optional)
You’ll also need water and a dozen 2-oz. plastic cups.
How to Make Tequila Sunrise Jello Shots
Pour the cherry Jello powder into a bowl, add boiling water, and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
Add cherry juice and tequila.
Pour the liquid into plastic cups (approx 2/3 of the way full each) and chill in the refrigerator for two hours.
In a mixing bowl, add boiling water to the orange Jello powder and mix until dissolved. Stir in orange juice.
Add tequila and mix well.
Pour the orange liquid on top of the chilled red layer in each plastic cup.
Chill for an additional 2 hours.
Garnish each tequila sunrise jello shot with a small orange wedge and a maraschino cherry.
Enjoy! These tequila sunrise jello shots are perfect for pool parties, float trips, and backyard barbecues (AKA all the best things about summer and early fall!)!
If you’re not planning on serving the Jello shots right away, cover each container with a plastic lid, store in the refrigerator for up to a week, and wait to garnish until serving.
What You'll Need:
- 1 3 oz. Box Cherry Flavored Jell-O
- 1 3 ox. Box Orange Flavored Jell-O
- 1 Cup Boiling Water, divided
- 1/2 Cup Maraschino Cherry Juice or Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Pulp-Free Orange Juice
- 1 1/2 Cups Silver Tequila, divided
- Orange Wedges & Cherries, for garnish
- 12 2-oz. Plastic Cups
- Place the 2-oz. cups on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Pour cherry Jell-O powder into a mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup boiling water and whisk until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Add cherry juice and 3/4 cup tequila and mix well.
- Fill each plastic cup 2/3 full and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the orange Jell-O powder and 1/2 cup boiling water until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Add orange juice and 3/4 cup of tequila and mix well.
- Pour the orange liquid on top of the chilled red layer in each plastic cup. Return to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until the gelatin has firmly set. Garnish with a small orange wedge and a maraschino cherry - enjoy!
These tequila sunrise jello shots are a yummy addition to your party, and I’m sure that everyone will be asking you for the recipe!
You May Also Like:
Pin these Tequila Sunrise Jello Shots for Later