Use our Valentine Tic-Tac-Toe SVG file with your Glowforge or other cutting machine to create your own fun game for Valentine’s Day! Makes a great DIY valentine gift idea!
This post may contain affiliate links. I will receive a small commission from these sales at no additional cost to you!
This Valentine’s Day, gift your friends, family, and classmates this sweet Valentine’s heart tic-tac-toe game! Use our free tic-tac-toe SVG file along with your Glowforge or other laser cutter to create this classic game that’s fun for all ages!
Note: If you don’t have a laser cutter, you could also use this file with your Cricut Maker or Cricut Maker 3 and the knife blade to cut the game from heavy chipboard.
Learn More About the Glowforge Here!
- Whiteboard (can also use MDF, wood, acrylic, etc.)
- 3M Double-Sided Adhesive
- Paper Masking Tape
- Glowforge (we used a Glowforge Pro) or other cutter
- Acrylic Paint
Start by masking the top surface of the board.
If you haven’t tried 3M Double-Sided Adhesive Tape yet, it is a TOTAL game changer! When you apply this pressure-sensitive adhesive to the back of your wood before cutting, you’ll end up with pieces that can simply be peeled and stuck directly to your sign! No glue, no mess! You can’t get any more easy peasy than that!
For this project, the only game board grid piece will need to be adhesive-backed, so apply the 3M Adhesive Tape to the left edge of the board only (approximately 6″ wide).
Place your prepped board inside the Glowforge on the bed of the machine (make sure that the edge of the board with the 3M Adhesive is on the left side).
Open up the Glowforge App software, and upload the Valentine Tic-Tac-Toe SVG File.
Keep the game board grid piece on the left side of the board (where the 3M Adhesive is), and position all of the other pieces on the opposite side of the wood sheet.
If you want to cut more than one game at a time, you can use the copy/paste function to add additional game pieces to the wood sheet at this time as well.
When everything is in position, click on the “Print” button in the upper right corner.
Press the flashing button on the Glowforge, and watch the magic happen!
Remove the masking from the pieces. Then, peel off the backing from the 3M Adhesive, and place the game board grid into position on top of the backing piece.
Give the game pieces a coat of paint using whichever method you prefer (brush, sponge, spray paint, etc.).
I generally get the smoothest and best results by using the edge of a cosmetic sponge to gently dab the face of the wood with a TINY bit of paint. Using this method, dark colors will likely require two coats of paint, but since the thin layers of paint dry VERY quickly, you can give it a second coat right away if necessary.
How cute is this tic-tac-toe game!? And SO easy to make, too!
Use the traditional X’s and O’s game pieces to play the Valentine tic-tac-toe game, or swap out one of the letters for these cute little hearts! 😍
To gift these Valentine tic-tac-toe games, I recommend placing the game board and pieces securely inside of a drawstring organza bag. The organza bags keep all of the pieces contained, but they’re sheer enough to show off the adorable design of the game, too!
This fun game is perfect for all ages! Keep a set in your purse or car for whenever you find yourself in a situation where you have to wait awhile (doctor’s office, restaurant, church, etc.). It’s a great way to keep everyone entertained and occupied while you wait!
GET THE VALENTINE TIC-TAC-TOE SVG HERE!
Valentine’s Day Tic-Tac-Toe Game
- Glowforge Machine (Basic, Plus, or Pro)
What You’ll Need:
- 1 sheet Wood, MDF, Whiteboard, or Acrylic (1/8" thick)
- Paper Masking/Transfer Tape
- 3M Adhesive Tape
- Valentine Tic-Tac-Toe SVG File
- Acrylic Paint
- Use the masking/transfer tape to cover the top side of the board.
- Add a piece of 3M double-sided adhesive to the back of the board at the left edge (approximately 6" wide).
- Turn on the Glowforge and place the prepared board into the machine on top of the crumb tray.
- Open up the Glowforge App software on your computer. Upload the SVG file and position the design elements on the wood as needed.
- Set the cutting and engraving settings as desired for your materials used.
- Click "Print," press the flashing button on your Glowforge machine, and watch the magic happen!
- Remove the masking from the boards, paint as desired, and assemble the layers.
Customize your tic-tac-toe games with your Valentine’s favorite colors! I can’t wait to see what you make! Be sure to take a photo and tag me on social media @hihomemadeblog to show it off!
Check Out These Other Glowforge Projects!
- Custom Tape Measure Gift Idea
- DIY Personalized Name Puzzle with Glowforge
- How Much Does a Glowforge Cost?
- Glowforge Guide: Everything You Need to Know!
- Valentine Tic-Tac-Toe SVG File
- 3D Stars + Christmas Ornament SVG Files
- Ouija Board Halloween Sign + SVG
- Where to Buy Glowforge Materials: The ULTIMATE Guide!
Don’t Forget to Pin This Tic-Tac-Toe SVG for Later!
Heidi Kundin has captivated the hearts of millions with her colorful and inspiring approach to crafting, celebrations, and family fun. With over 15 years of experience, Heidi’s website has become a must-visit destination for those seeking quick and easy creative ideas and last-minute solutions. Her warm personality shines through her posts, inviting readers to join her on a creative journey that’s fun, rewarding, and achievable.
Hi Heidi, im Iris!
I like this TIC TAC TOE idea very much, I will try to make it with my Cricut Maker!
You explain very well!
Krista Heard says
Thank you Iris! Glad you enjoyed it! 🙂