These 20 super fun and easy Spring crafts for kids are fun for all ages! Have fun on a rainy day with these awesome Spring kids crafts!
Fun and Easy Spring Crafts for Kids
In the springtime, the world comes alive again. Bright, beautiful colors are everywhere, birds are singing, and we’re all grateful for warmer weather and longer days. Spring also has its fair share of rainy days, though, so if you’re looking for something fun to do with the family indoors (where it’s nice and dry!), try one of these spring crafts for kids.
You’ll find lots of creative ideas here, from colorful flowers to crawly insects to pretty pots to plant your flowers and herbs in. No matter how old your child is, you’ll find a craft that’s totally doable for them here!
So, the next time it rains this spring, gather the kids around the kitchen table and make one of these springtime crafts. You’ll love how cheerful everything looks when you’re done!
20 Fun Things to Make with the Kids This Spring
1. Watercolor Doily Banner from Happiness is Homemade: Add some cheer to your mantel with this lovely watercolor doily banner. Once the doilies are painted and dry, you simply fold them over the twine to create this pretty banner. Easy peasy!
2. Toilet Paper Roll Flowers from The Best Ideas for Kids: Nothing says springtime quite like tulips and flowers! Recycle some toilet paper rolls to make this fun craft with the kids on a rainy April day.
3. Cherry Blossom Art Project from I Heart Crafty Things: Pieces of tissue paper are used to make gorgeous cherry blossoms, and the Japanese vase completes the look.
4. Apple Stamp Ladybug from Simple Everyday Mom: Ladybugs are the cutest, aren’t they? And they’re considered good luck! Start your spring off with a little luck by making this cute craft with the kids. The ladybug’s body is made by stamping an apple, so even toddlers can get in on the fun with this one!
5. Marbled Pots from Natural Beach Living: Create some pretty pots to plant your flowers, succulents, or herbs in. This marbling technique is beautiful and easy for kids to recreate.
6. Pistachio Shell Bees from Crafts 4 Toddlers: How adorable are these little bees? And what a clever idea to make them out of pistachio shells! You can either color the shells with markers or paint, depending on your child’s skill level and artistic preference. You could make some cute magnets out of these by adding a magnet to the back, too!
7. Pour Painting Flower Pots from Messy Little Monsters: Here’s another easy way for kids to decorate flower pots. All they have to do is squeeze the paint and let it pour down over the pot. Once it dries, you’ll have a unique design. No two pots will look alike. Don’t you love those bright colors?
8. Frog Life Cycle Pom Pom Craft from Adventure in a Box: Learn about the life cycle of the frog from the egg stage, to tadpoles, to full-grown frogs. This craft makes learning the frog life cycle easy for all ages.
9. Nature Art Bugs from The Craft Train: Spring is the perfect time to get outside, even if it’s raining. Collect some leaves, sticks, seeds, and other odds and ends to make some cool bugs. Boys will love this springtime craft!
10. Pop-up Paper Plate Rainbows from Pink Stripey Socks: Spring is a rainy season in most locations, but the good news about all that rain is that you have more opportunities to see rainbows! Brighten up the kids’ day with this colorful, easy craft.
11. Paper Cup Flower from Artsy Craftsy Mom: Transform an ordinary paper cup into a pretty flower. This craft gives little ones a chance to sharpen their scissor skills to cut the flower petals. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t turn out perfectly; it’ll still look beautiful. You probably have everything you need for this craft at home!
12. Felt Flower Craft from Happiness is Homemade: Kids of all ages will love making these pretty felt flowers! A bouquet of these pretty no-sew felt flowers would also make a wonderful homemade Mother’s Day gift idea!
13. Origami Tulips from Red Ted Art: Origami is fun for older kids, and these paper tulips will be a fitting activity for spring. They’d look charming in your window sill!
14. Paper Plate Veggie Garden from Non-Toy Gifts: Springtime is when you need to plan your garden for the year. This craft is sure to get the kids excited about planting (and hopefully EATING) their veggies. Not only do they get to paint and cut for this craft, but they get to practice their threading skills as well to create the dirt. Fun!
15. Umbrella Craft from East Coast Mommy: It just isn’t springtime without an umbrella craft! It’s a classic, but the heart-shaped raindrops add a fun twist. You can use a heart punch, stickers, or let your little one cut them out.
16. Paper Hyacinth Flowers from Kids Craft Room: Sometimes, paper flowers are a little too complicated for the toddlers and preschoolers, but these gorgeous paper hyacinths are made easier by using loops of paper to add dimension.
17. Cherry Blossom Painting with Cotton Balls from Projects with Kids: Spring and cherry blossoms go hand-in-hand. Encourage kids to paint with different materials through this fun cotton ball painting activity. Those pretty pink colors pop against the blue background!
18. Pipe Cleaner Daffodils from Blue Bear Wood: Fluffy cotton pipe cleaners are the perfect material for making these colorful daffodils for spring. These would also make lovely hair bows if glued to a hair clip!
19. DIY Paper Kite Craft from Happiness is Homemade: Go fly a kite! Seriously, it’s super fun and easy to make a kite from paper! Springtime is nice and windy, so it’s a great kite-flying time!
20. Rain Cloud Windsock from A Dab of Glue Will Do: Use this fun craft to teach your kids more about the weather or to bring a little cheer to a cloudy, rainy day. When you’re done, add the windsock to your porch to watch the raindrops flutter in the wind.
What will your first rainy day craft be?
You May Also Like:
Pin These Spring Kids Crafts for Later:
20 Spring Crafts for Kids
Come back to this list later for quick and easy reference!
- Watercolor Doily Banner from Happiness is Homemade
- Toilet Paper Roll Flowers from The Best Ideas for Kids
- Cherry Blossom Art Project from I Heart Crafty Things
- Apple Stamp Ladybug from Simple Everyday Mom
- Marbled Pots from Natural Beach Living
- Pistachio Shell Bees from Crafts 4 Toddlers
- Pour Painting Flower Pots from Messy Little Monsters
- Frog Life Cycle Pom Pom Craft from Adventure in a Box
- Nature Art Bugs from The Craft Train
- Pop-up Paper Plate Rainbows from Pink Stripey Socks
- Paper Cup Flower from Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Easy DIY Felt Flowers from Happiness is Homemade
- Origami Tulips from Red Ted Art
- Paper Plate Veggie Garden from Non-Toy Gifts
- Umbrella Craft from East Coast Mommy
- Paper Hyacinth Flowers from Kids Craft Room
- Cherry Blossom Painting with Cotton Balls from Projects with Kids
- Pipe Cleaner Daffodils from Blue Bear Wood
- DIY Paper Kite from Happiness is Homemade
- Rain Cloud Windsock from A Dab of Glue Will Do