This free printable Alphabet Scavenger Hunt is a great way to get kids engaged with reading and writing! Plus, get 16 MORE free reading printables from my Totally Free Printables friends!
This post may contain affiliate links. I will receive a small commission from these sales at no additional cost to you!
Looking for a fun and engaging game to help boost your child’s reading skills? This free printable alphabet scavenger hunt is just what you need! With two different versions for different skill levels, everyone will have a blast with this clever educational game that combines fun with learning!
This ABC scavenger hunt is just the tip of iceberg, though! This month’s Totally Free Printables theme is ALL about reading, and we have some seriously awesome (and totally F-R-E-E, of course!) printables for you. We’ve got everything from reading logs and challenges to bookmarks, coloring sheets, and home décor – there’s something for everyone!
Make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of this post for 16 more Totally Free reading printables that I know you’re going to love!
Want Even More Printable Fun? Check These Out!
Free Printable Alphabet Scavenger Hunt
How to Play the Alphabet Scavenger Hunt:
Our free printable alphabet scavenger hunt comes with TWO different versions, so it’s appropriate for a variety of skill levels.
Version 1 (Beginner): Perfect for younger children, Version 1 encourages kids to seek and find all 26 specified items on the alphabet scavenger hunt list.
Version 2 (Advanced): Great for older kids and those with more advanced critical thinking skills, Version 2 contains a blank list from A to Z and directs children to find and list items that begin with each letter of the alphabet.
The beginner version lists twenty-six items that can commonly be found around your home or classroom. Children are encouraged to find and check off all of the items on the list.
For an added challenge, set a timer and race to beat the clock or go head-to-head and race each other to see who can find the most items before time runs out!
The advanced version is appropriate for older children and those with more advanced reading and writing skills.
This version also offers a bit more flexibility since the items on the list haven’t been specified, so your child is able to work with whatever objects are available in your environment.
To get the Alphabet Scavenger Hunt games, enter your name and email address into the form below and click the “Get It Now!” button!
16 More FREE Reading Printables!
If you liked my printable alphabet scavenger hunt game, you’re going to LOVE these other reading printables from my Totally Free friends! Games, activities, bookmarks, reading log trackers, and LOTS more!
To get these Totally Free files, click on each of the individual links below:
- Brooklyn Berry Designs – Reading Challenge Coloring Page
- Hello Creative Family – Book Club Reading Tracker
- Crafting in the Rain – Book Quote Sign
- The Country Chic Cottage – Book Lover Sticker Sheet
- Everyday Party Magazine – Printable Bookmarks
- Happy Go Lucky – Color By Code Reading Logs
- 100 Directions – Floral Bookmark and Reading Log
- Hey, Let’s Make Stuff – Reading Bingo
- Artsy-Fartsy Mama – Alphabet Bingo
- Pineapple Paper Co. – Printable Reading Log
- Fun for Little Ones – Let’s Read Playroom Wall Art
- Liz on Call – Coloring Bookmarks
- Printable Crush – Alphabet Tracing Worksheet
- Creatively Beth – Owl Themed Bookmarks to Color
- Mad in Crafts – 28-Day Reading Challenge Calendar
- Tried & True Creative – Books Are Friends Coloring Page
There are SO many really awesome free reading printables in this collection! Which one are you going to download first?
Check Out These Other Free Printables!
- Summer Bucket List Printable for 2023
- 20 Free Printable Butterfly Coloring Pages
- Easter Scavenger Hunt – FREE Printable!
- 65+ Rainy Day Kids Activities & Printable
- Mother’s Day Printable Coloring Pages – Free Printables
- St. Patrick’s Day Word Search Printable
- Free Printable Paint Valentines for Kids
- Donut Valentine Coloring Cards
Don’t Forget to Pin This Post for Later!
Heidi Kundin, the vibrant force behind Happiness is Homemade, has captivated the hearts of millions with her colorful and inspiring approach to crafting, celebrations, and family fun. With 15 years of experience, Heidi’s website has become a must-visit destination for those seeking fresh and engaging ideas. Her warm personality shines through her posts, inviting readers to join her on a creative journey that’s not only fun but also achievable and budget-conscious. As a mother of three, Heidi expertly balances family life and her passion for creativity, proving that with a little imagination and dedication, happiness truly can be homemade!
Looking for something for kids that I nanny.
Kelly G Tucker says