This protein-packed banana cream pie smoothie is loaded with healthy and good-for-you ingredients, yet it tastes just like a decadent creamy milkshake!
This post may contain affiliate links. I will receive a small commission from these sales at no additional cost to you!
This delicious banana cream pie smoothie doubles as a healthy protein shake with over 40 grams of protein per serving! Made with protein-packed Greek yogurt, cashew milk (or almond milk), vanilla protein powder, bananas and graham crackers, this smoothie tastes just like the classic creamy dessert pie.
Unlike the classic dessert though, this smoothie is actually super healthy and good for you! Okay, the graham cracker part might not be entirely healthy, but it really is the key ingredient to making this smoothie have that old-fashioned pie taste, so I suggest that you don’t skip it unless you have to.
I also recommend topping the smoothie with a dollop of whipped coconut cream and a few more graham cracker crumbles, because why not? If you’re going to have a dessert-inspired smoothie for breakfast, you might as well do it the right way! 😉
Check Out These Other Healthy Breakfast Recipes:
Protein-Packed English Muffin Breakfast Casserole
Healthy Double Chocolate Cake Donuts (under 100 calories each!)
Protein-Packed Banana Cream Pie Smoothie
Ingredients Needed for a Banana Cream Smoothie:
- Cashew Milk or Almond Milk (or your favorite milk beverage – cow’s milk, oat milk, coconut milk, etc.), regular or vanilla-flavored
- Frozen Ripe Banana
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Protein Powder (I used Arbonne Vanilla Protein)
- Graham Cracker or Vanilla Wafer Cookies, crumbled
- Ice Cubes
Reserve a small amount of the graham cracker crumbles for garnish, and then place the remaining ingredients into your blender.
Blend all the ingredients until smooth. Top with whipped coconut cream, the remaining graham cracker (or vanilla wafers) crumbles, and a few banana slices for garnish.
It is sooooo smooth, creamy, and delicious! One smoothie for breakfast will keep you feeling full and satisfied well into lunchtime! This easy recipe also makes a nice, thick smoothie bowl, so if smoothie bowls are your jam, you’ll definitely want to give this a try!
The blended graham cracker bits add the perfect note of authenticity to the banana cream pie flavor, and when they combine with the frozen banana and vanilla flavors, they create a rich and dreamy (and healthy!) smoothie that’s as perfect for dessert as it is for breakfast!
When I told my little banana lover that he could have this smoothie, he looked up at me with wide eyes, and said, “REALLY?! Yessssssssssss!” He also says it was “the best smoothie EVER!”
Healthy Banana Cream Pie Smoothie Recipe
Healthy Banana Cream Pie Protein Smoothie
What You’ll Need:
- 8 oz. Cashew Milk or Almond Milk (or milk of choice), regular or vanilla-flavored
- 1 Large Frozen Ripe Banana
- 6 oz. Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 Scoop of Protein Powder, I used Arbonne Vanilla Protein
- 1 Graham Cracker or 5 Vanilla Wafer Cookies, coarsely crumbled
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Handful of Ice
- Reserve a small amount of graham cracker crumbles for garnish.
- Place remaining ingredients into a blender.
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth. Top with whipped coconut cream and remaining graham cracker/cookie crumbs.
Whether you’re making this banana protein shake for breakfast, lunch, or dessert, this healthy smoothie recipe is sure to be a HUGE hit!
Check Out These Other Delicious Smoothie Recipes!
- Healthy Banana Cream Pie Smoothie
- The Best Mango Smoothie Recipe!
- Tropical Smoothie Fruit Pops
- Dragon Fruit Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Healthy Blueberry Muffin Smoothie Recipe
- Watermelon Dragon Fruit Smoothie
- Coldbuster Immune Boosting Smoothie
- “Mean Green Machine” Smoothie Recipe
Savannah R says
This was really good! I’m just starting to drink smoothies, and I think this was a great starting one. 😁. I love how it’s so creamy, almost like a milkshake.
Beautiful! It it was great but it’s a little big . I had to share with my
Have you tried making this ahead of time? I like to make my smoothies the night before, but worry about how the Graham cracker will hold up.
I have never tried to make it overnight before, so if you give it a try, please do let me know how it turns out!
Wow! This was delicious! Definitely adding it to my regular smoothie list. Thank you 😊
Hey, I tried this and it was delicious! What are the nutrition facts per serving? Thank you!
Anne Stone says
This one is ridiculously easy, and my children ask for it every day. Literally, every single day! My hubby and I love it as well, thanks for the recipe and the awesome ideas Heidi !!!
Does this recipe make 2 servings?
This recipe is for one large serving, but it could be split into two smaller servings.