Discover the BEST Cricut Gift Ideas for Crafters! From Cricut machines to tools, materials, and accessories, we’re giving you the scoop on the MUST haves that make great gifts for your favorite crafter!
This post is sponsored by Cricut; however, all ideas and opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links. I will receive a small commission from these sales at no additional cost to you!
The holidays are just around the corner, and the shopping season is in full swing! To help make your holiday shopping easy peasy, we’ve put together a list of the very BEST Cricut gift ideas and products that are perfect for your favorite crafter!
Whether your gift recipient is a professional crafter or a part-time dabbler in the creative arts, there’s something fun for everyone on this list!
Cricut Gift Ideas for Crafters
If your giftee doesn’t own or have access to a Cricut machine yet, that’s the first order of business! There are currently three main Cricut electronic cutting machines on the market, each one is fantastic, and each vary slightly in their capabilities and specifications.
To help you determine which machine is best for your gift recipient, we’re breaking down some of the details and features of each for you below.
(If they already have a Cricut machine, keep reading! There are LOTS of other gift ideas below including some awesome tool kits, materials, accessories, and more!)
The Cricut Maker is the ultimate smart cutting machine, and its exclusive Adaptive Tool System allows for wider versatile than any other Cricut machine. With the ability to use more advanced tools and higher force/pressure, Cricut Maker gives you the freedom to make virtually any DIY project you can imagine, from 3D art to home décor, jewelry, iron-on, vinyl, paper projects, and SO much more.
Cricut Maker has the tools to cut hundreds of materials quickly and accurately, from the most delicate paper and fabric to the tough stuff like chipboard, leather, and basswood. Maximum versatility means even more crafting (and potentially money-making!) possibilities!
Cricut Maker is Perfect for:
Cricut Maker is best for serious crafters who want the most versatile and professional quality machine on the market. The Maker is also ideal for sewing enthusiasts since the Maker’s exclusive Rotary Blade (included with machine purchase) is designed to cut over 125+ types of fabric and even up to 3 layers of fabric at the same time!
Cricut Maker Features:
- Cut over 300+ materials straight out of the box with the included Fine Point Blade and Rotary Blade!
- The Adaptive Tool System and QuickSwap housing tools allow users to quickly switch between scoring, engraving, debossing, and other decorative effects (tools sold separately).
- Cut thicker items up to 2.4mm including chipboard, basswood, tooling leather, and more with the Maker-exclusive Knife Blade (sold separately).
- QuickSwap Housing and tools including the Engraving Tip, Debossing Tip, and Scoring Wheel
- Knife Blade
Cricut Explore Air 2
The Explore Air 2 is Cricut’s best-selling machine for a reason! It can cut over 100+ materials, including paper, vinyl, iron-on, kraft board, leather, and backed fabric, so it’s perfect for making a HUGE variety of craft projects like T-shirts, home décor, cards, paper crafts, and SO much more!
Cricut Explore Air 2 is Perfect for:
EVERYONE! The Cricut Explore Air 2 is the best machine choice for the average everyday crafter. From cards to custom T-shirts to home décor, the Explore Air 2 makes it easy for beginners and advanced crafters alike to bring their creative vision to life!
Explore Air 2 Features:
- Cuts 100+ materials with the included Fine Point Blade – everything from cardstock, vinyl, and iron-on to a range of specialty materials like Infusible Ink, glitter paper, cork, and bonded fabric.
- Wireless Bluetooth connection allows you to design your projects on your computer or via the Cricut Design Space app on your phone or tablet. (Available for Android and iOS devices)
- Fast Mode allows you to cut up to 2x faster!
- The Explore Air 2 comes in over 20+ different colors so you can choose your favorite to match your craft room! (Note: some colors are exclusive at select retailers)
- Foil Transfer Tool Kit & Foil Sheets – this is the HOTTEST new release from Cricut, and it’s pretty incredible! (Read all about our experiences the Cricut Foil Transfer System here!)
- The Essential Tool Set contains a scoring stylus and all of the basic tools that you will need with your Explore Air 2. It also includes one of my favorite Cricut tools – the Paper Trimmer!
Cricut Joy is the newest machine in Cricut’s lineup, and it packs a mighty punch in a cute tiny package! Perfect for on-the-go and on-site crafting (just think of all the things they can make and personalize at their craft fair booth or scrapbook crop night!), Cricut Joy utilizes the new Smart Materials which can be cut without a mat and up to 20′ in length (no other Cricut machine does that)!
Cricut Joy is Perfect for:
Cricut Joy’s small size and portability make it perfect for on-the-go crafters, crafters with limited storage space, and first-time cutting machine owners! The Cricut Joy Card Mat and Insert Card Sets are exclusive to Cricut Joy which makes Joy the best option for card makers looking to create quick & easy greeting cards.
Cricut Joy Features:
- Cuts 50+ materials, including iron-on, cardstock, vinyl, paper, and Smart Materials
- The new Smart Materials allow Cricut Joy to cut without a cutting mat and up to 20′ long!
- Craft anywhere, even in very limited space!
- Cricut Joy Card Mat & Insert Cards
- Smart Vinyl and Smart Labels
- Smart Iron-On
- Cricut Joy Pens & Markers
Cricut Joy also makes a great companion machine to the Maker and Explore Air 2, and many crafters find themselves purchasing a Joy to use alongside their other machine!
With its ability to create long cuts, Cricut Joy is perfect for making tall signs and oversized décor pieces (like our DIY Ruler Growth Chart!); however, it is limited to a 4.5″ wide cutting area, so wider projects will need to be pieced together.
LEARN MORE ABOUT CRICUT JOY:
For a full side-by-side comparison of Cricut Joy vs Cricut Explore vs Cricut Maker, check out this post on the Cricut blog!
Gift Ideas for Cricut Machine Owners
If your gift recipient already owns a Cricut machine, there are LOTS of awesome Cricut tools, materials, and accessories that would make fantastic gifts!
Cricut Access Membership
Cricut Access is a subscription membership that opens up a whole new world of creativity at your fingertips! Each Cricut Access membership includes:
- Access to over 100,000+ images in the Cricut Design Space design library, 1,000+ ready-to-make projects, as well as 500+ premium fonts for cutting and writing.
- 10% off of all purchases at Cricut.com plus special sales and exclusive offers for Cricut Access members only! Plus, get free economy shipping on all $50+ Cricut.com orders with Premium Cricut Access subscriptions!
- Discounts on licensed content from Disney®, Marvel®, Star Wars™, Harry Potter™ & more.
- Jump the hold queue & enjoy up to 50% less wait time with Priority Member Care.
Standard Cricut Access subscriptions can be purchased monthly or annually. Premium Cricut Access subscriptions are available annually only.
Cricut EasyPress 2
The Circut EasyPress 2 combines the speed and professional quality of a heat press with the simplicity and convenience of an iron into one uniquely portable heat machine for flawless results on all of your iron-on and heat-transfer projects. If you make custom shirts or other iron-on projects, the EasyPress 2 is definitely a MUST have!
Available in 4 different sizes:
- EasyPress 12″ x 10″ – best for extra large projects and adult clothing
- EasyPress 9″ x 9″ – best all-around size for most projects including standard sized clothing
- EasyPress 6″ x 7″ – best for baby and children’s clothing and small projects
- EasyPress Mini – best for small projects, tight spaces, and awkward angles (such as hats, shoes, etc.)
Infusible Ink Materials & Blanks
Infusible Ink is one of the coolest new products on the market! Infusible Ink infuses colored ink into your project’s base material and becomes one with the item (rather than sitting on top of a base material like iron-on heat transfer vinyl does).
This means that Infusible Ink won’t ever peel, fade, crack, or warp – it actually becomes part of the shirt (or other project blank) that you’re using! It will stretch and move along with your garment because it IS the garment!
See what I mean? It’s SUPER cool!
Infusible Ink Gift Ideas:
- Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets (in solid colors & TONS of patterns)
- Infusible Ink Markers
- Infusible Ink Blanks – customize your own shirts, baby bodysuits, tote bags, coasters, pillow cases, and more!
LEARN MORE ABOUT INFUSIBLE INK:
Cricut offers a TON of different materials to use with their machines, and ALL of them would make excellent gifts for machine owners!
- Iron-On (HTV) including specialty varieties like Holographic Iron-On, Foil Iron-On, and Mesh Iron-On.
- Premium Vinyl – including specialty varieties like Patterned Vinyl, Mosaic Vinyl, and Shimmer Vinyl
- Assorted Papers & Cardstock
- Maker-Only Materials
Cricut Pens & Markers
All three Cricut machines have the ability to draw as well as cut! Add depth and dimension to projects with Cricut pens an markers!
Cricut Tools & Accessories
Cricut offers a wide assortment of tools and accessories that make great stocking stuffers! These are some of our favorites:
- Weeding Tool Kit (contains my favorite tool – the hooked weeding tool!)
- Sewing Kit
- True Control Knife
- Cutting Ruler & Self-Healing Cutting Mat
- Machine Tool Organizer
With SO many incredible Cricut gift ideas, you’re sure to find something special for your favorite crafter!
Check Out These DIY Gift Ideas to Make with Your Cricut Machine!
- 35+ Mother’s Day Cricut Craft Ideas
- How to Make DIY Glitter Wine Glasses – Cricut Maker Holiday Gift Idea
- How to Make an Infusible Ink Mug in the Oven
- DIY Doormat with Cricut + FREE SVG Files
- Free Harry Potter SVG + Marathon Blanket
- Rainbow Glitter Tumblers with Cricut Explore Air 2
- Rainbow Heart Shoes with Cricut EasyPress Mini
- Custom Water Bottles with Cricut
- Free Unicorn SVG + Birthday Girl Shirt
- DIY Watercolor Picture Frames
- DIY Floral Monogram Letters
- Harry Potter Brunch Shirt: “It’s MimOsa Not MimosA” + SVG
- DIY Gift Idea: Tile Trivet
- DIY Cork Board Travel Map with the Cricut EasyPress 2
- How to Use Iron-On Vinyl on Wood
- Teacher Appreciation Gift Idea: Quote Clipboards
- Personalized Journals with Iron-On Vinyl
Don’t Forget to Pin These Cricut Gift Ideas for Later!
Heidi Kundin, the vibrant force behind Happiness is Homemade, has captivated the hearts of millions with her colorful and inspiring approach to crafting, celebrations, and family fun. With 15 years of experience, Heidi’s website has become a must-visit destination for those seeking fresh and engaging ideas. Her warm personality shines through her posts, inviting readers to join her on a creative journey that’s not only fun but also achievable and budget-conscious. As a mother of three, Heidi expertly balances family life and her passion for creativity, proving that with a little imagination and dedication, happiness truly can be homemade!
Leave a Reply